Aries lift-up windvane parts

dboboc

Visit site
I’m looking for the upper parts for an Aries lift up windvane, which holds the air paddle and linkage rod. I would gladly settle for dimensions or photographs.

Goldie

Visit site
Have you tried ‘Aries Vane Spares’? I believe Helen is the daughter of Nick Franklin who developed the the Aries and she still has some spares - maybe drawings too?

I had a unit similar to yours and I recommend taking it apart occasionally to prevent the dissimilar metals welding it all together. Otherwise, it was great!

address: 6 Dunvegan Road, Penryn, TR10 8HJ. UK.
phone: +44 (0)1326 377467
fax: +44 (0)1326 378117
email:ariesvane@googlemail.com

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
There's someone selling those bits on the Facebook Aries Windvane group. I think Helen has retired from the spares business? Could be wrong.
I have a 1980's Franklin lift-up in bits for spares, but no immediate prospect of organisng my stuff due to the chyna virus :confused:

dboboc

Visit site
Have you tried ‘Aries Vane Spares’? I believe Helen is the daughter of Nick Franklin who developed the the Aries and she still has some spares - maybe drawings too?

I had a unit similar to yours and I recommend taking it apart occasionally to prevent the dissimilar metals welding it all together. Otherwise, it was great!

address: 6 Dunvegan Road, Penryn, TR10 8HJ. UK.
phone: +44 (0)1326 377467
fax: +44 (0)1326 378117
email:ariesvane@googlemail.com
Hello Goldie,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did try contacting Helen Franklin but she is not responding to me or others about spare parts.

Dave