Great Canal Journeys

oldgit

Visit site
Seem to remember previous efforts to expound the delights of the Thames to the great TV unwashed, also met with howls of outrage and opprobrium .
Wot the grate :) unwashed, who fund most of the cash spent on the Thames, thought, after watching the programmes , goes unregarded.

Chris_d

Visit site
Seem to remember previous efforts to expound the delights of the Thames to the great TV unwashed, also met with howls of outrage and opprobrium .
Wot the grate :) unwashed, who fund most of the cash spent on the Thames, thought, after watching the programmes , goes unregarded.
Have you seen it then? :)

oldgit

Visit site
Have you seen it then? :)

No. Trying to summon up the courage.
At the moment the opportunity to clean the oven,tidy the garage and sort out all my unpaid billso_O seem so much more attractive.
My bilges need cleaning and re painting as well.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
At the moment the opportunity to clean the oven,tidy the garage and sort out all my unpaid billso_O seem so much more attractive.
Guess you'll get round to it sometime after Xmas, then ?
Its a sort of "Carry On Up (and down, and up and down) the Thames faux comedy.

Old Crusty

Visit site

If you travel, my bilges needs cleaning and painting too ;) :p :p

oldgit

Visit site
Finally got to watch it, actually watched the 2nd episode about the Leigh navigation first.
Pt. The first

An amusing and gentle preamble from one bit of the glorious Thames to another historically important bit on the Thames. , by a couple of clubable old actors , which succeded in showing the delights of the river.
Thoroughly enjoyable, although if all the lockies wear such a magnicient uniform, no wonder you have not got any cash to maintain the river.
Did the outrageous liberties taken by not featuring the locations in strict succession matter, not one jot.
As an enjoyable jaunt with bit of history thrown in and remarkably few "Freshwater Admirals" about, :) 60 mins good entertainment.

Part 2, and a million miles removed from the upper Thames, an insight into a world which is adapting to the 21st century. .

Last edited:

oldgit

Visit site
Why don't they use presenters not on their last legs?

Cos nobody with the money or the time wants to watch some spotty youth with the attention span of maggot or "Z" lister, chucking their Red Bull cans over the side along with their Mc Donalds while rapping to J Zee or some other ijiot.
Besides once they find out there is no signal ( O the horror) for Facebook they would be off back to the attractions of Love Island ., before you could say Lock Ahead Innit....:)
A distinct lack of bikinis on display as well

Last edited:

Parabordi

Visit site
Cos nobody with the money or the time wants to watch some spotty youth with the attention span of maggot or "Z" lister, chucking their Red Bull cans over the side along with their Mc Donalds while rapping to J Zee or some other ijiot.
Besides once they find out there is no signal ( O the horror) for Facebook they would be off back to the attractions of Love Island ., before you could say Lock Ahead Innit....:)
There must be somebody younger than 87?

38mess

Visit site
Nobody said anything about using spotty youths. There must be some celebrities not collecting their pensions who would love this job.
I'm not adverse to some bikini clad crew either ☺️

oldgit

Visit site
There must be somebody younger than 87?

Not on this frum :):):)

Must admit it had got me thinking again about hiring a narrowboat, no ,not on the Thames , for long weekend away somewhere.
Could bring my own flowerpots and am fully prepared to stand in rain for hours on end in a silly Tilly hat. Might even be able to borrow a small scruffy dog for the trip.

Last edited:

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

Must admit it had got me thinking again about hiring a narrowboat, no ,not on the Thames , for long weekend away somewhere.
Could bring my own flowerpots and am fully prepared to stand in rain for hours on end in a silly Tilly hat. Might even be able to borrow a small scruffy dog for the trip.
If thats my "small scruffy dog" you're thinking to borrow ..........

Old Crusty

Visit site

Don't forget a pile of old timber, a wheelbarrow, a rusty bicycle, a few old car tyres and some dead tomato plants.