Incident at Hambleden

Time Out

Visit site
I’m guessing it’s not going to have a pleasant outcome.

‘Incidents’ never do especially when it’s early hours and water involved...

I have no idea what it is by the way but I can only guess.

[149239]

Visit site
We were told that there was a boat stolen from Hambleden Marina and at the lock the thieves smashed the pedestals and left them covered in blood. Apparently the clean up operation starts first then the repair.

shades

Visit site
We were told that there was a boat stolen from Hambleden Marina and at the lock the thieves smashed the pedestals and left them covered in blood. Apparently the clean up operation starts first then the repair.
A boat was moved from the marina in the early hours. Criminal damage was done to the lock office building, breaking glass in a door and a window. A pedestal panel was broken. Blood was left on the control panels of both pedestals. Police declared it a crime scene that had to remain untouched until they had visited.

ianc1200

Visit site
I did think that, but it would have made no sense. Four slipways in the reach down to Hurley, none in the Henley reach, assuming they wanted to steal and not just joyride. But with reports of narrowboats being stolen, I did wonder if it was a nb.

Chris_d

Visit site
I did think that, but it would have made no sense. Four slipways in the reach down to Hurley, none in the Henley reach, assuming they wanted to steal and not just joyride. But with reports of narrowboats being stolen, I did wonder if it was a nb.
I don't know the full details so probably shouldn't say too much, but it was someone who was very drunk and took one of the boats out, a small launch. Woke up on Medmenham meadow in the morning realised what he had done and turned himself in.

Time Out

Visit site
Yes despite what you see in the movies probably not a good idea to punch a window in to gain entry!

Slight fred drift but...

While not punching it to gain entry, I did once put my arm through a window when I was 6 (Charles and Di's wedding day!) I have 38 stitches and a very distinctive scar on my left arm that resembles a shark bite! I dont recommend punching any glass...

Flynnbarr

Visit site
I don't know the full details so probably shouldn't say too much, but it was someone who was very drunk and took one of the boats out, a small launch. Woke up on Medmenham meadow in the morning realised what he had done and turned himself in.

Whatever happened to you’ll never take me alive rozzer! :)