Campingaz

shirazchaz

Visit site
Calor supply us with Calor & CG - there have been shortages of all types of cylinder, exacerbated by demand for the "leisure" size cylinders kicking off since lockdown was lifted! The cost of a CG refill is ridiculous and don't start me on the purchase cost of a new CG cylinder.....

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
only a 907 fits in our Sealine S23 gas locker
The idea is you get the 15 blue bottle and a kit which allows you to refill the little one from the bigger one. The bigger bottle never needs to go anywhere near the boat.

It does assume you have some outside space to do the procedure so would not be very practical for people living in apartments without gardens.

Never tried it myself but apparently it's all quite straightforward.

Boathook

Visit site
Has anyone mentioned refiling your own campingaz is hazardous and probably illegal ?
I don't believe that is illegal and regard to hazardous; no worse than swapping a gas bottle over imho. I wouldn't do it indoors or even in a garage though. I used to consider the most dangerous thing I did was driving on the M25, but I now think that it is climbing ladders to sort out an aerial at home.

Time Out

Visit site
I assume this to be carbon dioxide so doesn't burn to well ?

Well yes ! I was just mentioning the fact that drawing of gas from one canister to another seems to be more common that first thought.

I had a 15kg that I purchased over 10 years ago only replacing it recently. I had to question the price twice !!

Dave_Seager

www.seagers.org.uk
I don't believe that is illegal and regard to hazardous; no worse than swapping a gas bottle over imho. I wouldn't do it indoors or even in a garage though. I used to consider the most dangerous thing I did was driving on the M25, but I now think that it is climbing ladders to sort out an aerial at home.
The danger is not just from the risk of leaks but from overfilling a cylinder. There must be headspace in the cylinder to allow for expansion to avoid the risk of its bursting if the cylinder gets warm .