Buying a 27'+ Live-on

SharkBait25

Visit site
I don't see anything in the second one to merit a higher price.
With both of them, whether they are a good deal or not friend's on how much use they have had since the new sails etc are fitted. It's perfectly possible to wear out a set in ten years.
For the first one, as a minimum you would be looking at new batteries and saildrive seal.

what’s the rough cost of the sail drive seal, guessing the boat will have to be out of the water for the work to be carried out

The Leisures are also advertised on the Leisure owners website.

Thanks, I will check there also.

1983 Kelt 9M Sail New and Used Boats for Sale - www.yachtworld.co.uk

Am I right in thinking this boat can also be left to dry out on the beach? Have those things on the sides been added?

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk

Buck Turgidson

Visit site

[163233]

Visit site
Jaguar 27 for less money than most of those and 6ft 3" headroom would be worth a look and it'll sail rings round some of them.

Yeah, I had a special standing spot where I could be fully upright at 6'2" but the V berth is too small to use if you are tall though. So you have to keep rearranging the saloon to sleep or eat. The sailing holidays ones had a different layout which solved that and would be much better for one or two up.

It'd certainly leave a centaur behind, it was a quick boat for the size. Cheaper too.

Tintin

Visit site
I don't see anything in the second one to merit a higher price.
With both of them, whether they are a good deal or not friend's on how much use they have had since the new sails etc are fitted. It's perfectly possible to wear out a set in ten years.
For the first one, as a minimum you would be looking at new batteries and saildrive seal.

Engine is better on the second. But both bilgies - they "might" point with new sails, but my preference would be fin keel. Even then you need good sails as they can be tender, and respond to flat sails and good trim.

I managed to pick up the "exhibition" sails from a contact on the owners association, never used, and they transformed my L27, Red Dragon.

She's now being enjoyed by a new owner, of this parish, after a few years with a couple who didn't look after her.

Kelpie

Visit site
Engine is better on the second.
It is? 1992 is not new, and I would question the wisdom of anybody who put a 28hp engine into a 27ft, sub 3t, yacht.
The engine in the other one sounds better-newer and with low hours- although the description is very muddled.