Eurostar - luggage size

michael_w

Visit site
Pack them in a length of UPVC waste pipe from your local plumber's merchant. I once took a set of mainsail battens on a flight to Florida packed the same way.

Talulah

Visit site
Eurostar seems like a dead loss. Now RyanAir has max dimensions for checked baggage as 810 x 1190 x 1190. A bit of pythagoras and I work out corner to diagonally opposite corner is 1860. So I could go that way. Which is cheaper than Eurostar. But what do I make this box out of?

stuey_two

Visit site
Eurostar seems like a dead loss. Now RyanAir has max dimensions for checked baggage as 810 x 1190 x 1190. A bit of pythagoras and I work out corner to diagonally opposite corner is 1860. So I could go that way. Which is cheaper than Eurostar. But what do I make this box out of?
You could send it by UPS, £53 for 190x5x5 parc el

John the kiwi

Visit site
option one pack in tube as suggested and brazen it out. Staff generally aren't looking for an argument so if you have something that is slightly out of letter of law dimensions, but obviously not awkward, difficult to handle, heavy or dangerous you may be ok.
Option two: cut each hinge in half! does your application really need 1.8 metre continuous hinge? If you cut them in half with a 1 mm thick cut off disk , then install carefully and neatly with the cut edges butted together, an observer would have to look really closely to see that they were in fact in two pieces. Functionality is unlikely to be compromised..