Coronavirus and Greece

wwalsh

Visit site
EU country safe list
Council agrees to start lifting travel restrictions for residents of some third countries

From July 1, it is possible to make international flights to all airports in Greece.

Direct flights from the United Kingdom and Sweden are not allowed (until 15/7). All other direct flights are permitted.

At the land border with Bulgaria , visitors are only allowed to enter the Promachonas border post. Of the other entry points, only crossings are allowed for essential reasons.

At the land borders with Albania , Northern Macedonia and Turkey, only crossings are allowed for essential reasons.

The sea gates to Patras and Igoumenitsa are open.
Τουρισμός: Αυτές είναι οι χώρες στις οποίες η Ελλάδα ανοίγει τα σύνορά της

Last edited:

hank56

Visit site
I think the flights from the uk "will be reviewed on the 15th" it does not say they will be re-instated.

This is the same situation as the ferries which were to be reviewed on the 15th June - but they were nor re-instated - they were cancelled for another two weeks - IMO.

ITH

Winter in Kent, rest of the year on board
Visit site
If we get any future messing by Minoan we will probably attempt the Balkans route. We will probably stay clear of North Macedonia for reasons of troubles you had, also my insurance doesn't cover me for there, and I definitely don't wish to pay any bungs or fines. . . . . . . . So Bulgaria is probably the better option.
Looks like the best bet - UK GOV travel advice below:

"Greece’s borders with most neighbouring countries (Turkey, Albania and North Macedonia) are closed to passenger traffic. The border with Bulgaria is open. "

grumpygit

Visit site
Cheers I am looking at 14 the ish needed to know if they were sailing as I intend spending a week in Italy first .

Our friends are just boarding now in Ancona, Allow some extra time because apparently it's bedlam in the ticket office, over an hour in the queue and all but the driver has to board the ferry as a foot passenger.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Well reading other sailing forums about Greece I think I would wait a while seen one boat been told they have to sit out fourteen Q before they can apply to come in , another US been told people from the US are ban ever tho they had prove they been at sea in Europe for some time another boat from Malta also been told they have to sit the fourteen Q , a number of boat at Corfu have been given a form to fill in which can only apply to ships and told once they fill them in they will be sent to WHO for permission to let them in .
Don't you just love the Greeks , oh god I shouldn't had wrote that . Sorry Tony

Davy_S

Visit site
To be fair Vic, the Greeks have done a very good job of containing the pox, i feel it will all go pear shaped shortly, they have found people on Zakinthos with it, plus at Athens, 1000 Italians were arriving today at Patras, it is starting to show up!

sailaboutvic

Visit site
To be fair Vic, the Greeks have done a very good job of containing the pox, i feel it will all go pear shaped shortly, they have found people on Zakinthos with it, plus at Athens, 1000 Italians were arriving today at Patras, it is starting to show up!
I'm sure your right , while there was no movement between islands very little chance of it spreading, now who knows who going to bring in what , but as far as Cruisers goes everyone seen lost , so much different info for different places one place they saying this another that , I just replied to three boats asking for help , but I'm not much help we not been there since the tax came in so other what been written on different forum is the best I can give and as most of it is hear say which isn't much good to any one .

alexsailor

Visit site
Well reading other sailing forums about Greece I think I would wait a while seen one boat been told they have to sit out fourteen Q before they can apply to come in , another US been told people from the US are ban ever tho they had prove they been at sea in Europe for some time another boat from Malta also been told they have to sit the fourteen Q ,

link?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
So if Greece is open to set countries by sea and air , why can't people who are sailing from tho set countries just do as they would had done , i.e. Buy their Tepai on line the. Just carry on as normal .
Why is there need to visit PP ? Or is there any need to visit PP

ITH

Winter in Kent, rest of the year on board
Visit site
So if Greece is open to set countries by sea and air , why can't people who are sailing from tho set countries just do as they would had done , i.e. Buy their Tepai on line the. Just carry on as normal .
Why is there need to visit PP ? Or is there any need to visit PP

Latest 'advice' from gov.uk website:
"Travel by private sailboats (and yachts) is now permitted within Greece. If your vessel is arriving in Greece from another country, you must comply with specific requirements upon your first landing in Greece. No passengers are permitted on the vessel, except for the crew. Upon arrival, you must present to harbour authorities, who will require the completion of a health declaration, and mandatory testing (to be paid for by the occupants of each vessel). "

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Tha
Latest 'advice' from gov.uk website:
"Travel by private sailboats (and yachts) is now permitted within Greece. If your vessel is arriving in Greece from another country, you must comply with specific requirements upon your first landing in Greece. No passengers are permitted on the vessel, except for the crew. Upon arrival, you must present to harbour authorities, who will require the completion of a health declaration, and mandatory testing (to be paid for by the occupants of each vessel). "
Thanks tho I not sure I would agree with that advice ,
As I see it Greece is open to set countries , so it's business as usual,
But the tax , and off you go as there no need to buy a TL till Jan next year , only other requirements is to keep a record of people tempersure,
we have friends at the moment on the way , like many other are a bit worried on what they reading on sailing site, one island refusing British boat entry but that's not unusual for Greece ,
I think why so many people are having problem is they taken the gov advise and by doing so making it worst for them self .
But hey one has to do what they think best .

Tony Cross

Visit site
Thanks tho I not sure I would agree with that advice ,
As I see it Greece is open to set countries , so it's business as usual,
But the tax , and off you go as there no need to buy a TL till Jan next year , only other requirements is to keep a record of people tempersure,
we have friends at the moment on the way , like many other are a bit worried on what they reading on sailing site, one island refusing British boat entry but that's not unusual for Greece ,
I think why so many people are having problem is they taken the gov advise and by doing so making it worst for them self .
But hey one has to do what they think best .
Greece is open to certain countries, but it is very far from 'business as usual'. You most certainly do have to report to the harbour authorities at your port of entry and conform with the regulations that are in place. They are designed to protect the Greek people.

If by 'doing what you think is best' you mean ignoring the rules and doing as you please then I hope you have deep pockets. The fines are huge, potentially €5000 per person on board.

alexsailor

Visit site
I am two hours away from Erikoussa. As far as I see, Italian boats are arriving. And what I have heard, there are no problems for EU citizens and boats to enter Greece and enjoy Mythos.
I'll keep you informed since I do not trust "I've heard....".