Coronavirus and Greece

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Your probably right Alex but how doesn't that help people like Chris who spend thousand on marina fees and now can't get back to their boat . Topping that or the once that won't get back to mid or late season and have to pay a full months tax talk about insult to injury .
I be finding a different way back .

SELS8383

Visit site
Just tried their PLF. It won't accept any Greek post codes. I've tried Preveza 48100, Parga 48060 and Lefkada 31100. So, I guess no one will be let in until they fix this. Will be interesting to see how Easyjet handle it.
Hi we had the same problem for the last two hours finally put Corfu in post incorrect by mistake and it was accepted 49093 worth a try also had to use Igoumenitsa as the city a mess but we managed to submit!
Good luck

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Yngmar report else where there a string of yacht waiting for the doors to open , plus the hundreds of Italian waiting for their summer holidays to start , I can't see Greece going to check on all these boats checking in .

Just heard from friends who are on a flight to France and have ticket to go onto Greece .be interesting to see how they get on .

grumpygit

Visit site
Yngmar report else where there a string of yacht waiting for the doors to open , plus the hundreds of Italian waiting for their summer holidays to start , I can't see Greece going to check on all these boats checking in .

Just heard from friends who are on a flight to France and have ticket to go onto Greece .be interesting to see how they get on .

I reckon they will have no problems at all on a flight from France, their not on the list of which is open for an update at any time.

Crisby

Visit site
Someone posting on Med Sailing page on FB has just entered Greece driving from UK. Not asked for PLF. No border problems other than normal delays.
Vyv, I think the PLF is only required from the 1st July although for flights submission of the form is required 48 hours before arrival

Chris

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Rang Minoan today, they still won't give us our provisional booking for the 8th as a confirmed booking. We have to give them a call to check on the 3rd.
Well I've done the Balkans route and I think it was quicker than ferry . Drove from Calais to Danubius hotel Budapest via Vienna non stop other than a 3 hour kip in lay by. Then down to Skopje hotel/ hovel. lots of trouble on border over papers had to pay a bribe going into the country and again leaving . Also got fined 3 time same day for no vignettes in Hungary as there were no signs in English to tell. Suggest Bulgaria but no information on that part.

hank56

Visit site
Glad to
Just tried their PLF. It won't accept any Greek post codes. I've tried Preveza 48100, Parga 48060 and Lefkada 31100. So, I guess no one will be let in until they fix this. Will be interesting to see how Easyjet handle it.
Glad to hear about the PLF (did not know about it)I left Ireland on Saturday - no problem at Cherbourg or the Italian border st Mont Blanc. I am getting the ferry from Ancona to Igoumenitsa on Wednesday arriving Thursday 2nd July.
Will let you all know how I get on. H

grumpygit

Visit site
Well I've done the Balkans route and I think it was quicker than ferry . Drove from Calais to Danubius hotel Budapest via Vienna non stop other than a 3 hour kip in lay by. Then down to Skopje hotel/ hovel. lots of trouble on border over papers had to pay a bribe going into the country and again leaving . Also got fined 3 time same day for no vignettes in Hungary as there were no signs in English to tell. Suggest Bulgaria but no information on that part.

If we get any future messing by Minoan we will probably attempt the Balkans route. We will probably stay clear of North Macedonia for reasons of troubles you had, also my insurance doesn't cover me for there, and I definitely don't wish to pay any bungs or fines. . . . . . . . So Bulgaria is probably the better option.