Scotland can go sailing on 28th May?

adwuk

Visit site
I can't see any mention but IIRC second homes and caravans were prohibited before. I can't imagine you would be welcome in a marina but I can't see any risk from anchoring (provided you use the correct anchor - Knox ?)

Good job I have ditched the CQR for a more up to date contraption! Still, assuming I can get the boat back, I will stick with day sails for the time being. Just be nice to get out there, especially with this weather. Will soon see what Donald has to say about Tarbert harbour. There have been a few folks asking if they can drive more than 260 miles to check on their boats.

D

Deleted member 36384

RYA Scotland COVID information can be found on their web page. Their COVID FAQs sets out some more information that is useful. Do your own searching: -

RYA Scotland

The club advice the RYA provides for England is the same as for Scotland as it is the same overarching scheme that determines RYA recognition, affiliation. RYA Scotland links through to the main RYA page for Clubs Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Current Affairs | Knowledge & Advice | RYA - Royal Yachting Association

If your club is not affiliated with RYA and is in Scotland, then likely Sports Scotland advice will be useful.

Sports Scotland has information on clubs: -
Support for clubs and community sport organisations

FlyingGoose

Visit site
Scotland that ensures our return boating activity is safe and responsible. Our guidance recognises the importance of the new exercise guidelines and that Phase 1 is an important first step in what will be a process that takes time."
"We do accept that the opportunity to get back afloat will not be available to everyone in Phase 1 but for some this is a most welcome return to the water and our passion for all things boats."

Initial Easing of Restrictions in Scotland Announced.

More of the Dark arts of manipulation wording and trying to be seen as PC but full of holes, why can we not get a straight answer, Because i refer you to my previous post of the Dark arts of manipulating the Public in using certain words and phrases to keep then confused
At no point did sailing travelling to you marina fall into a limit of travel, so why is the RYA saying this, are we unable to get he truth and follow sensible advice,
I will call out bullshit were I see it and this is poor at that level
I clearly saw the first Minsters announcement at 12,30 pm today , did I hear something completely different, or are we having to follow suit and tie conservative types all our lifes, God help us all.
Yup pure Asperger's I hate any authority that bullshits ,

jonrarit

Visit site
Just got an email from Rhu Marina that it is open for business from tomorrow . social distancing applies of course but yes we can go sailing again :)

Shakedown sail tomorrow then :)))

JR

adwuk

Visit site
Just learned that Tarbert is open to berth holders from tomorrow, but no sleeping on boats - i.e. day sailing only.

TLouth7

Visit site
"We do accept that the opportunity to get back afloat will not be available to everyone in Phase 1 but for some this is a most welcome return to the water and our passion for all things boats."

More of the Dark arts of manipulation wording and trying to be seen as PC but full of holes, why can we not get a straight answer, Because i refer you to my previous post of the Dark arts of manipulating the Public in using certain words and phrases to keep then confused
At no point did sailing travelling to you marina fall into a limit of travel, so why is the RYA saying this, are we unable to get he truth and follow sensible advice,
There are still people who are shielding who will not be able to take advantage of any of the new opportunities, the statement you quoted may have nothing to do with the travel guidance you seem so hung up about.

I understand that you feel strongly about this but your comments are starting to get repetitive and clog up a thread which is a useful source of actual information. I do not wish to attack you or say that your opinions are wrong, merely that they have now been well aired.

wallacebob

Visit site
RYAS will email affiliate clubs Friday morning with guidance that has been worked out with Sportscotland, but this is on CCC and gives a clear, simple guide for independent boaters I think...Obviously each club or yard will operate how they can.

No photo description available.
Troon Yacht HavenLike Page
1 hr ·
Following clarification from the Scottish government that we are moving to Phase 1 of the easing of lockdown restrictions, I am very pleased to confirm that many of you will once again be able to enjoy your boats on the wonderful Firth of Clyde and beyond. All forms of water sports practices on open waterways, including sailing and the use of privately owned motorised craft, are now allowed, however this will apply to local residents only.
There remain many restrictions within the Phase 1 framework. We would like to draw your attention to these important facts relative to boating and visiting your boat:
➡️ You are currently advised to stay local to your primary residence to undertake leisure activities.
➡️ Leisure activities must only take place with members from your immediate household.
➡️ You cannot stay overnight at a holiday home or second home, which we are taking will apply to boats also. For now, boating is therefore limited to day trips from the marina.
➡️ All social distancing measures remain in place.
We all appreciate how important it is for us all to stop the spread of COVID-19 and the following few simply suggestions will improve your safety and the safety of others and help everyone enjoy boating responsibly.
Take a closer look at our new safe boating guidelines.
You can see our full update on our website at yachthavens.com/TroonSafeBoating

FlyingGoose

Visit site
There are still people who are shielding who will not be able to take advantage of any of the new opportunities, the statement you quoted may have nothing to do with the travel guidance you seem so hung up about.

I understand that you feel strongly about this but your comments are starting to get repetitive and clog up a thread which is a useful source of actual information. I do not wish to attack you or say that your opinions are wrong, merely that they have now been well aired.
The statement goes hand in hand with first line which mentions distancing,
I started this thread and , can post information as I see fit , this information is important so that people get he truth,
The truth and transparency is a good thing , nothing wrong in pointing out the so called failures of the RYA And their blatant attempt to appease the government strategy, this is not the RYAs remit,
So it might be important to some, who read this , I am a great believer it you do not like a post or thread do not read it,
but thanks for your input

FlyingGoose

Visit site
RYAS will email affiliate clubs Friday morning with guidance that has been worked out with Sportscotland, but this is on CCC and gives a clear, simple guide for independent boaters I think...Obviously each club or yard will operate how they can.

No photo description available.
1 hr ·
Following clarification from the Scottish government that we are moving to Phase 1 of the easing of lockdown restrictions, I am very pleased to confirm that many of you will once again be able to enjoy your boats on the wonderful Firth of Clyde and beyond. All forms of water sports practices on open waterways, including sailing and the use of privately owned motorised craft, are now allowed, however this will apply to local residents only.
There remain many restrictions within the Phase 1 framework. We would like to draw your attention to these important facts relative to boating and visiting your boat:
➡ You are currently advised to stay local to your primary residence to undertake leisure activities.
➡ Leisure activities must only take place with members from your immediate household.
➡ You cannot stay overnight at a holiday home or second home, which we are taking will apply to boats also. For now, boating is therefore limited to day trips from the marina.
➡ All social distancing measures remain in place.
We all appreciate how important it is for us all to stop the spread of COVID-19 and the following few simply suggestions will improve your safety and the safety of others and help everyone enjoy boating responsibly.
Take a closer look at our new safe boating guidelines.
You can see our full update on our website at yachthavens.com/TroonSafeBoating
Boats are not holiday homes, and has never been tested in court, so if you want to stay on your boat ask the Marina why you cannot, do so.
Also challenge them on time limits, if I do not go to sleep am I sleeping on my boat , must I Be off my boat at midnight , what if I fall asleep by accident
I am disabled ,so travelling back and forward each day is out of the question , does the Discrimination act 2010 for reasonable adjustments apply
Can I access my boat at 2 am and stay on it

There lies the problems and is a mine field. this question about boats and sleeping over has been asked for weeks now from RYA MCA to government and no one gives an answer, because it is not unlawful. it is not in the statuary covid act 2020. marinas and harbour masters are making it up ,
Who is policing this no one,
People do not like the truth as long as they get to their we boats stuff the person needing to drive 200 miles I do not care ,i Do not care about the disabled either , shameful
Clearly you make your own decisions , but I follow to law
Stand by your rights

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
1 hr ·
➡ Leisure activities must only take place with members from your immediate household.
Here we go again. That is NOT what the first minister said.

You CAN meet with people (note plural) from ONE other household as long as you can maintain social distancing.

Depending how big your boat is therefore you can sail with someone from outside your household. Just as you can have a round of golf with person(s) from another household.

And the guidance is no more that 8 people. So say 4 people each from 2 households.

I see nothing wrong with me sailing with 1 friend as long as we keep our distance. 3 of us all from different households would not be allowed.

awol

Visit site
The Prime Minister, you know that fat git who can't use a comb, not the blessed lass that leads us so well, has said that no-one should suffer by adhering to the rules. As he has also discouraged us from using public transport is he going to ask the Chancellor to find funds to recompense all the bus pass concessionaires who now have to spend their meagre OAPs on fuel to get to their boats?

CapPugwash

Visit site
She specifically qualified the travel guidance in her speech to be aimed at preventing crowds at “beauty spots”. I think this has been overzealously interpreted by some organisations publicly but I expect the reality at the marina will be different.

Taking a sensible approach is key, as she said, meaning if what you’re doing is safe and within the law then it is fine.

FlyingGoose

Visit site
I appreciate that at it is impossible to write a document to cater for all, so common sense comes into play and responsibility, of our actions,
Do not endanger others or yourself , pretty simple.
The problem seems to be when Marinas the RYA, the Police, and other bodies interpret what is actually been said , it confuses people and gets the stress up
I am a great believer in social equality and social movement , and no one should be singles out for age , disability , race, gender and be put at a disadvantage
Hence no 5 mile rule , as this would disadvantage some one who's boat is in a cheaper but further away Marina from the Clyde ,(example)
And you right my Marina has little boats older people use for fishing , there past time why should they be affected,
I am Disabled quite seriously, I also have a blue Badge, for walking problems, Should I be disadvantaged to get to my boat and stay the Night because travelling back and forward, to some abled body living in Largs next door to their Marina
No one want to think about these people that are happy to get to their boats and not give a monkeys about the old Guy and his fishing boat
I have seen it too many times, all my Life
My family owned a business with a net worth of 40 million but started it in the worst part of Glasgow were we grew up and kept it their for 50 years , keen sailors all of us we have been in Kip , Rhu , Ardfern , Ardrosssan with all our boats(berthed) throughout the years and All I can truly say is the Boating in Scotland is full of elitists and snobbery,
I will say no more on this thread but if you see me out come and have a wee drink
2 large dogs a Daughter and da Wife, a truly friendly bunch of people that will help all
Happy sailing this weekend , and in the future

D

Deleted member 36384

I see nothing wrong with me sailing with 1 friend as long as we keep our distance. 3 of us all from different households would not be allowed.

Two points from the blessed Holy Nicola annunciation today: You must stay away from hard surfaces and you're not allowed to use the heads. We all know why we have to comply with the first one, but the second may be more problematic for the less agile in a bumpy sea. I recommend Antares Charts for the first one and incontinence pads for the second one.

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Two points from the blessed Holy Nicola annunciation today: You must stay away from hard surfaces and you're not allowed to use the heads. We all know why we have to comply with the first one, but the second may be more problematic for the less agile in a bumpy sea. I recommend Antares Charts for the first one and incontinence pads for the second one.
Not an issue for this weekends trip as I will be sailing with SWMBO.

I guess the former, you decide who is helmng, who is looking after the sheets and stick to it so you are not touching the same hard surfaces.

And i will use my own travel john (not something I would share under normal circumstances)