Scotland can go sailing on 28th May?

FlyingGoose

Visit site
No law on 5 mile limit a simple request, No going to the Islands , as far as I care the attitude of some on these Islands will never get my money again so who cares
Sailing on board , no mention of staying overnight on boats
So all the party poopers stop telling us what is right and wrong Big S has spoken
Yipepeee

Got in before me and lol the same

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
I do hope whoever has briefed the police/local authorities has taken the time to explain all this properly otherwise it risks the same kind of confusion seen South of the border

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Excellent and hopefully no 'over enthusiastic' officers either!

Edit - Hopefully the harbour authorities are also on board - their English counterparts seemed rather reluctant at first. (Yarmouth IoW and Beauliue are still closed to visitors)

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Excellent and hopefully no 'over enthusiastic' officers either!

Edit - Hopefully the harbour authorities are also on board - their English counterparts seemed rather reluctant at first. (Yarmouth IoW and Beauliue are still closed to visitors)
Our harbour has confirmed the harbour is open and we are welcome to bring our boat (we are launching on Saturday)

I await details of what the sailing club will be allowing and their interpretation of the rules.

FlyingGoose

Visit site
My Marina is open and I will be heading down tomorrow a travel there and back 120 miles, :cry:
I think I canny walk that or cycle or I will have a sore arse
But will be sensible and drive carefully , screaming at everyone to get out of the way. I will dance through the hordes at the marina , and enter my Virus free boat and bask in the glory of an oven box , inside, as I gasp to get out for air,
Do you think if the islands are off limits that one can use the maritime law of safe harbour without getting lynched if your boat has an issue

seafox67

Visit site
I'm booked to launch on Tuesday :) With a mooring already serviced and paid for i'll won't be paying storage fees anymore! Looking forward to day sails and pottering around the Clyde! :)

claymore

Visit site
Hmm
Dont think it allows sailiors from Englandshire just yet.
And if it did - the local defence leagues might have something to say
That's if the Polis didn't get you first.
I can see that oversexed wee fascist bastard in Lochgilphead just sat by the school, waiting for me....again.

wallacebob

Visit site
Most clubs will wait for RYA, they will not publish guidance until Friday. Keeps us all in suspense.
“Following the First Ministers announcement of the Routemap last Thursday 21 May, RYA Scotland has prepared detailed guidance for individuals and clubs on boating activity under Phase 1.
As with all other outdoor activities, our guidance now requires to be approved by the Scottish Government and is currently in this process. As soon as this approval is given we will issue our guidance on our Facebook page and website.
Please bear with us while we await the response from the Scottish Government. Thank you.”

adwuk

Visit site
I am assuming that a similar restriction of no overnight stays on the boat, as is the case in England. Anyone know any different, or will that detail come from the RYA announcement tomorrow morning?

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Most clubs will wait for RYA, they will not publish guidance until Friday. Keeps us all in suspense.
“Following the First Ministers announcement of the Routemap last Thursday 21 May, RYA Scotland has prepared detailed guidance for individuals and clubs on boating activity under Phase 1.
As with all other outdoor activities, our guidance now requires to be approved by the Scottish Government and is currently in this process. As soon as this approval is given we will issue our guidance on our Facebook page and website.
Please bear with us while we await the response from the Scottish Government. Thank you.”
Can you please post the guidance here or a link to it, for those of us that don't do facebook?

I am hoping to hear something by Saturday morning. All we really want at this stage is to be able to enter the clubhouse to use the toilet on Saturday afternoon when launching the boat. Currently the clubhouse is off limits.

awol

Visit site

awol

Visit site
I am assuming that a similar restriction of no overnight stays on the boat, as is the case in England. Anyone know any different, or will that detail come from the RYA announcement tomorrow morning?
I can't see any mention but IIRC second homes and caravans were prohibited before. I can't imagine you would be welcome in a marina but I can't see any risk from anchoring (provided you use the correct anchor - Knox ?)

FlyingGoose

Visit site
I am assuming that a similar restriction of no overnight stays on the boat, as is the case in England. Anyone know any different? No doubt the RYA will publish guidance at some stage today.
There has been no mention , of this and Scotland does not follow England's guidelines, so the comparison is wrong ,the RYA has no authority on this either only to clarify what the Scottish government has laid down , at the moment the Scottish Government is asking you to be sensible and pragmatic, sleeping on ones boat in an isolated anchorage or even in a marina has no implications for spreading a virus, than going down for the day to the marina , does this virus only come out at night perhaps.
Going the Ayr Beach in your thousands will
Also any Marina that says you cannot without official laws are in breach of their T AND C if they cannot show you that by staying on your boat there is a risk
The MCA has stated that they presume boats are the same as holiday homes , for England the word presume is not law nor has the English government clarified this,
Why because they cannot, for the sake of the law a second home and a boat are not the same in law or for tax purposes,
Yes Iam looking at the rules and trying to decipher them , there is a reason for this as it will keep a certain amount of people believing that these are the rules and will comply hence keeping numbers down . but then there are those that understand the guidelines and will go , and to date no one in England has mentioned being stooped being on their boast overnight
Then there is those especially on here that will tell you it is morally wrong , why, you have risked assessed your situation , you are aware of social distancing and washing hands, you are not stupid,.
I have seen plenty of stupid people standing outside the midday sun waiting outside Band Q getting redder and redder because they must buy flowers for their garden , touching everything and mingling, then they can get a drive through Mcdonalds , that to me is stupidity, but then that is my opinion
There is a reason all these SAGE groups and Scottish groups have Social psychologists in their group , to try and determine how the Public will react to certain circumstances and by using certain phrases to maximise their message, a dark art into itself this world , and some of it is absolute garbage , again based on my opinion

I have also noted on Facebook pages and other forums that this no overnight stay on camping wild on boats has increased ,when no one is actually giving links ,are we being brainwashed to this thinking by people planted or are these Just the People trying to stop us going onto their so called land, who knows, but Freedoms we have enjoyed for many a year are been eroded by so called opinions

Last edited: