Access to boats in Spain

MAURICE

Visit site
Hi all
My boats alone in Spain and im in the UK. Can anyone advise if people are being allowed to get onto and use there boats? Easy jet apparently will be starting flights to Spain 15 June. Boat is in Burriana Nova marina which is about 30 miles North of Valencia.
Thanks

PlanB

Visit site
Easyjet are just doing Stansted to Barcelona afaik.
You need to contact your marina to establish access - each Region is doing its own thing.
Spain travel advice for FCO advice re travel to Spain

emandvee44

Visit site
Seek advice other than on here! We are at home in Valencia region, about 45Km from Burriana. Our boat is in Almerimar and we are not allowed to travel there yet as it is in a different region (Andalucia) and crossing regional borders is currently not allowed.
If you can fly into an airport in this region (Communitat Valencia) i.e. Alicante, Valencia or Castellon, at the very least, and under the present rules, you would have to do 14 days self-isolation on your boat.
Use of boats is apparently restricted to 12 miles range from your marina - at present.
Not gospel, but hope it helps.
ps why not contact CAB Spain on Facebook/website (it is in English)
M.

jaba

Visit site
Same here. Boat in La Linea, me stuck in Italy. Flights to Malaga cancelled/postponed until last week, when the Spanish government all but closed airports to foreigners until the end of state of alarm, declared until 7th of June. Government wanted to prohibit travel until the 27th of June, but did not have the votes. They will try again on the eve of the 7th. Let's wait and see.
As Italy prepares to open borders to tourists, Spain opts for caution

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
Same here, took delivery of our new Dufour 430 on March 5th in France, sailed her down to Burriananova, left for the UK and then lockdown.... We are hoping we may be able to get there early July all being well (and we will probably drive), we just need to be confident we will be able to get back to the UK a few weeks after!...

goeasy123

Visit site
We're in La Coruna. We're free to sail anywhere in the region. What you can do depends on what phase of deescalation the region you want to go to is in. and.... This is a quote from noonsite:
<<
21 May, 2020: For owners who have left their boats in Spain and want to get back to them, it appears a letter from the marina/shipyard stating that you are liveaboards and are traveling to return to your boat, will enable you to pass Immigration and enter the country. This has been reported by cruisers returning to Cartagena, however, be sure to check with your marina/shipyard first.
>>
I've just had a friend drive from Aberdeen through the Chunnel and France to La Coruna successfully on this basis.

colind3782

Visit site
I'm in the same position with the boat in Empuriabrava. I have flights booked on the 4th July for a two week trip but I can't afford to be quarantined for another two weeks on my return. Hoping that the quarantine rules will change before then.

goeasy123

Visit site
Do you need to prove that you live aboard, or just that you're reaching your boat?
I asked the marina staff here. There is no definition of 'liveaboard'. If the letter from the marina says you are returning to your boat you're good to go.

Plomong

Visit site
For details of Phase 1 recreational navigation, see Decreto TMA/400/2020 of 9/May/2020 published in the BOE on 10/May/2020, Articulo 7.

Plomong

Seek advice other than on here! We are at home in Valencia region, about 45Km from Burriana. Our boat is in Almerimar and we are not allowed to travel there yet as it is in a different region (Andalucia) and crossing regional borders is currently not allowed.
If you can fly into an airport in this region (Communitat Valencia) i.e. Alicante, Valencia or Castellon, at the very least, and under the present rules, you would have to do 14 days self-isolation on your boat.
Use of boats is apparently restricted to 12 miles range from your marina - at present.
Not gospel, but hope it helps.
ps why not contact CAB Spain on Facebook/website (it is in English)
M.

roaringgirl

bit.ly
We're in La Coruna. We're free to sail anywhere in the region. What you can do depends on what phase of deescalation the region you want to go to is in. and.... This is a quote from noonsite:
<<
21 May, 2020: For owners who have left their boats in Spain and want to get back to them, it appears a letter from the marina/shipyard stating that you are liveaboards and are traveling to return to your boat, will enable you to pass Immigration and enter the country. This has been reported by cruisers returning to Cartagena, however, be sure to check with your marina/shipyard first.
>>
I've just had a friend drive from Aberdeen through the Chunnel and France to La Coruna successfully on this basis.
Our boat is in La Coruña and we're waiting in Scotland til we can get there. Any chance you could put me in touch with your friend who just did the trip?

Thanks!