Closing uk marinas

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
Bloody hell, the admiral just called on Messenger from out our main supermarket. Not a scrap of meat left on the shelves. Not one sausage for poor Bruce!! This is North Wales not bloody England!!

eXTiVZc.jpg

Blimmin diabolical. Any way I have bravely decreed over the phone, behind locked doors that if she brings me home hot dog sausages in a tin I'm going to eat her dog. That'll light a fire under her ass to panic buy in advance next time.

mmmmm plenty meat there. Lets hear it for staffies ? (y)

FwVQJC8.jpg

Perfect, you now need to go to the boat & go fishing, essential in my book !

Bigplumbs

Visit site
The simple truth is you want to still go boating ……. Well things have changed and if people don't accept that Draconian measures will I am sure be put in place...……… So one perhaps needs to ask if you want to be part of a problem or you want to help

[2068]

Visit site
..Explain to me how boating is necessary at the moment

Boating is necessary to relieve the stress of trying to work at the same time as supporting elderly relatives in the middle of a Global Pandemic, ensuring that I don't end up having mental health issues and become a burden on the NHS.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Yup I have thought and come to the conclusion that Boating is not necessary at the present time.
Read a book. Look at a flower, Watch Netflix, do some gardening, read and try and help in some forums, Make a video from old stuff, clean the house, phone up friends etc etc.

Get you head away from thinking boating is necessary......…….. It aint
You obviously have a good enough income without going out the house or are retired, either way unfortunately for the rest of the country who isn’t classed as a key worker have to earn a living , I’m also self employed so I won’t get a penny from the state .
You keep going on about being selfish , you need to think a bit more before you type , all you have done in the last few posts is insult others , then again you have done this times many before , including me .
Grow up man , there is no wonder this forum has lost a lot of the regulars ,who’s left doesn’t want to sit and read your opinions.

Montemar

www.voltloudspeakers.co.uk
On March 17th Dean & Reddyhoff say business as normal but reduced staff in office so try to avoid going in.
I can socially isolate in my house, then my car, walk to boat keeping away from the very few people about then socially isolate myself on the boat for essential maintenance. I do not visit shops and should I touch anything I use hand gel immediately afterwards.
I take it all very seriouisly but cannot see any problem with the above.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Yup I have thought and come to the conclusion that Boating is not necessary at the present time.
Read a book. Look at a flower, Watch Netflix, do some gardening, read and try and help in some forums, Make a video from old stuff, clean the house, phone up friends etc etc.

Get you head away from thinking boating is necessary......…….. It aint

interesting that you don’t include helping others in your list.............!

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
You obviously have a good enough income without going out the house or are retired, either way unfortunately for the rest of the country who isn’t classed as a key worker have to earn a living , I’m also self employed so I won’t get a penny from the state .
You keep going on about being selfish , you need to think a bit more before you type , all you have done in the last few posts is insult others , then again you have done this times many before , including me .
Grow up man , there is no wonder this forum has lost a lot of the regulars ,who’s left doesn’t want to sit and read your opinions.
Paul, I'm with Bigplumbs on this issue, but I don't think he said that people like you who are dependent on the marine industry for work should be banished from the pontoons. Indeed, this is the current situation in Spain; owners aren't allowed onto their boats but access remains for marine professionals.

[2068]

Visit site
The social distancing thing is what's important, surely.

If you are lucky enough to live in an area that isn't too densely populated, then it's entirely possible to be outside without either contracting or spreading disease.

If you live in London or another large city, then that's a lot harder.

artisan

Visit site
I suppose a risk assessment is in order.
risk 1 -I have to travel 1 hour to get to my boat. I could have a crash and burden the NHS. As I have not had an accidedent in over 25 years I would say the risk is low there. Risk 2 entering the marina and boat - I can enter my marina and my boat without touching anything or any one - no risk at all. risk 3 stocking the boat - I have to stock the house so a risk we all take - no added risk other than every day life.

If common sence is followed all risks can be lowered but never eliminated. I too am self employed and employ staff. Until the gov't sorts a package for everyone I will contiue to employ people to the best of my ability and come to work myself. If I can work I will visit my boat and take measures to avoid a social interaction. Can't say better than that at the moment

Portofino

Visit site
Herd immunity.

That’s the correct approach btw , not total isolation as it’s OUT now and we all need to get naturally acquired antibodies against it until a vaccine is ready .

But at a PACE THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS CAN COPE ....with the ones that can’t cope with the disease and get ill.

Most hospitalised will recover others with pre existing co morbidity factors eg respiratory diseases will unfortunately die in the interim period .
So what you need ( in the absence of a vaccine ) is long term ( chronic ) looooow level exposure throughout the “ herd “ so it naturally self immunises ....just like any other influenza virus or any virus for that matter .
I worked many moons ago in the Dept of oral immunology @ Guys
As to survive one needs to get immunity most will get it without knowing ( subclinical ) some a slight flue ...normal flue and un
fortunately folks with underlying health conditions as said will not survive .Nothing new there with influenza.

It’s an airborne infection ( despite all this hand washing crap being peddled )
So avoid closed spaces , keep the house ventilated , avoid crowds etc .
You inhale it ....all virus first followed secondary by direct exchange of infected body fluids .Lets forget the 2nd ....so we are left with straight inhalation .

This whole current strategy is about preventing overwhelming of the health care systems, by protecting the un immunised vulnerable folks .

So some healthy self employed guys like Volvo Paul or DIY ers working in relative isolation on there boats assuming they have not got any , or live around anybody with morbidity co factors should be OK and won’t alter the outcomes.

Portofino

Visit site
As long as you don't land here !
Hmm if there’s no vaccine ready then .....

As folks gain natural immunity the virus mutates somewhat and becomes harder for the bodies immune system to generate a suitable antibody .
So the longer you isolate now the lethality ( if that’s the correct language to use ? My own ! ) increases .
Once your body gets a basic template of antigen , it too can manipulate its base spec antibodies to suit in a sort of catch up , it stays ahead so to speak .
So Tom Hanks , Idris Elba et al are all laughing ....as others early exposed .

Think Capt cook shaking the first Aborigines hand in Sydney harbour .....next day the Aboriginal gets ill and dies .Same for isolated Amazonian folks and Eskimos .
Today due to herd mixing they eventually catch up and the antibody variety equalises .

There’s nothing new or fundamental here .It’s basic immunology.

BruceK

Visit site
Perfect, you now need to go to the boat & go fishing, essential in my book !

Well, being a river boat we are quite self sufficient as well as being isolated and self isolating for the long haul on it quite appealing. Throwing the hook out in the Menai for the summer is high on the cards. Water is not an issue and food has to be got whether at home or not.

BruceK

Visit site
@ Portofino ? ? Your dispassionate bedside manner is not comforting me in the slightest. I am fighting fit and loving and living life to the fullest. Unfortunately I do have a dodgy heart which to date has not slowed me down much and I feel I am no burden and also have every right to live so marginalising people like me with a " well you're f*cked and gonna die for the common good" is not comforting . The more I think of the common good the more selfish I feel. Sod this, I'm going to the boat. Soon as it's launched. Then party till I drop dead happy and drunk rather than gasping and gagging.

(y)

BruceK

Visit site
The simple truth is you want to still go boating ……. Well things have changed and if people don't accept that Draconian measures will I am sure be put in place...……… So one perhaps needs to ask if you want to be part of a problem or you want to help

The herd is trying to bump me off. You want me to help them? Big F's winging your way. Compliments from the Conwy Pirates. ?

Mr Googler

Visit site
First British arrest for 'failing to self-isolate due to coronavirus'

well....we are not messing about!

its a challenging time in the ambulance services.....that’s for sure!

@Portofino .....be careful not to give people the impression it’s blowing around on the wind! Yes....it’s airborne but heavy droplet From coughing/sneezing etc.....2 metre range max. Then you have surface/contact spread at 72 hours on plastic or metal I think so hand washing and cleaning is very important!

it can go true airborne but that’s after AGP’s (Aerosol Generating Procedures).

last time I read Covid 19 was 1:3 human to human transfer ratio....measles which does stay in the air Much longer was 1:18! Info is very hit and miss at this stage as it’s so new.....that’s the problem really. All other points well made.

no way they will get a grip on it if pubs stay open....tube trains are rammed so there’s your herd immunity portal. After the sort of shifts I’m having....I need to go boating but probably will still be at work ?

If it stays this way for a year......all of us in the NHS will be burnt out long before that so do your bit and stay healthy everyone.

@volvopaul youre welcome to come and do stuff on my boat but you’ll have to stay on it for 14 days.....alone ???