Any Westerly Discus 33's out there gathering dust?

James W

Visit site
Morning all,

I'm leaning towards a Westerly Discus as the next boat and just wondered if anyone had or knew of any out there in the corner of a yard somewhere gathering dust and needing a new owner? Fin or Twin keel no issue, not scared of a little work.

It's got to be worth a try!

Thanks,

James

James W

Visit site
There's a Storm for sale about three boats along from me at Shotley. Nice boat, but tiller steering doesn't do it for me.

I have nothing against tiller steering, but it's a wheel I'm looking for this time.

In all honesty, I'm just looking for a bit of a bargain, an unloved one that might have been languishing for a while and needs a bit of work, but the owner hasn't advertised. Not unlike most of the boats I've seen advertised at top money as it happens! ;-)

Steve_N

Visit site
If you're looking for a bargain and would consider a 1987 tiller-steered re-engined Storm then there's a pretty good looking one (with a few minor issues) on the the Sailing & Cruising Scotland Buy/Sell Facebook group for.... £12,500.

James W

Visit site
If you're looking for a bargain and would consider a 1987 tiller-steered re-engined Storm then there's a pretty good looking one (with a few minor issues) on the the Sailing & Cruising Scotland Buy/Sell Facebook group for.... £12,500.
Thanks Steve, well worth a look :encouragement:

James W

Visit site
Thanks so much for the heads up Steve! I was working in Scotland in early September, viewed her and now she's mine! Transport all sorted and hopefully this week she'll be delivered home. Really, really pleased with her, totally made up to own such a beautiful boat.....albeit with a few minor issues just to keep me occupied over the winter. Thanks again and yet more proof how great this forum is.

Concerto

Visit site
Congratulations on your Discus purchase.

Look forward to possibly meeting you at a Westerly Owners Association meet on the East Coast. The WOA Forum (free to use) can be a useful place for advice and membership of WOA is only £15 pa and worth every penny.

James W

Visit site
Thanks to all but I've just bought a Westerly Storm 33. I'm very happy with her and can't wait to get her home now!