Cabin of the Week

BrendanS

Visit site
Hi everyone,

YBW.com are launching a new blog called Cabin of the Week, where readers send us the best pictures of their cabins, in order to feature in our weekly blog.

To enter your cabin, all you have to do is send us a few pictures of your cabin, along with a short description of the interior and the model of the boat. Please email all this information to isobel_smith@ipcmedia.com.

Could it be you featuring in next week's blog?

See our first entry here: http://ybwcom.tumblr.com/

Thanks,

Isobel Smith
YBW.com

Time to take the sticky down?

sarabande

Visit site
shhh, Brendan, we don't want to wake up the management. It's far too early in 2016, and the hibernation period is nowhere near at an end.

viago

Visit site
shhh, Brendan, we don't want to wake up the management. It's far too early in 2016, and the hibernation period is nowhere near at an end.

they dont know i'm back yet. snuck in under cover of jools.

where are the pics of your cabin mr sarabande?

i want a bit of northern chest thrusting please.

Two Diamonds

Visit site
I keep my boat at Swanwick and in order to improve my number of staterooms am hoping to buy a Bimini cover for my Baveria - any recommendations of cheap and good south coast suppliers?

dom

Visit site
I keep my boat at Swanwick and in order to improve my number of staterooms am hoping to buy a Bimini cover for my Baveria - any recommendations of cheap and good south coast suppliers?

Hi Two Diamonds and welcome. This thread is unfortunately something of a lost backwater, so try starting a new one on the main forum and you'll get many more responses.

Danny_Labrador

Visit site
Just spotted this on the right hand side:

tumblr_mx6wmdSdPl1skbt85o1_1280-630x472.jpg

Barry Nash's Atlantic 38, Atlantic Lady. She's Colvic hulled and the fantastic interior was designed and fitted by Barry himself!

Wow......................I would like to see what he would make of other common hulls - whats not to like about that ?

interloper

Visit site
I'm really impressed by all of you with cabins that feature fluffy pillows on the berths, a teapot on the cooker, and a glass of Chablis on the table. Here is the scary view down the companionway of my boat.
cabin_800x480.jpg

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visit site
I'm really impressed by all of you with cabins that feature fluffy pillows on the berths, a teapot on the cooker, and a glass of Chablis on the table. Here is the scary view down the companionway of my boat.
View attachment 73169

The only things that I would question are (1) placing heavy items like suitcases and large bags on a berth instead of on the cabin sole and (2) leaving a bucket with long things in the middle of the sole. In both cases there is a risk that they'll come adrift when the boat rolls.
Apart from that, as long as you have enough room where you can stretch out and have a nap... ;) :encouragement:

laika

Visit site
Has anyone noticed that since the forum upgrade this thread no longer has the title "Sticky cabin of the week"? I always assumed that this was a thread for older PBO readers who are perhaps better with woodwork than they are with domestic hygiene

Reactions: DJE

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
I finally dared to look at this thread. It’s much more fun than I had expected. I was assuming wall to wall Sunseekers, Oysters and Discoveries, with fresh flowers in cut glass vases.

OK, the other way:

er, yes, the er... forecabin... there are two berths and two pipe cots under that lot... this was how we got her - it’s not quite that bad, now, honestly, and the anchor chain takes a more rational route, but anyway we still have a sail locker with full standing headroom throughout...

There are no pictures of the Black Hole Under the Cockpit, which is crawling room only...

Last edited:

SimonKNZ

Visit site
I finally dared to look at this thread. It’s much more fun than I had expected. I was assuming wall to wall Sunseekers, Oysters and Discoveries, with fresh flowers in cut glass vases.
Those pictures bring back some good memories - I did a very enjoyable trip up the US eastern coast when Kukri was still owned by HM the Queen

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Those pictures bring back some good memories - I did a very enjoyable trip up the US eastern coast when Kukri was still owned by HM the Queen
Who was the skipper? I took a Nich 55 up the East coast of the USA as a visiting skipper for JSASTC but I did so many trips In various places I can’t remember all the crews I had!

Poignard

Visit site

OK, the other way:

er, yes, the er... forecabin... there are two berths and two pipe cots under that lot... this was how we got her - it’s not quite that bad, now, honestly, and the anchor chain takes a more rational route, but anyway we still have a sail locker with full standing headroom throughout...

There are no pictures of the Black Hole Under the Cockpit, which is crawling room only...
Good to see such a practical interior; plenty of handholds, deep fiddles, s/s worktops.

(y)