Beer & Natter arrangements

oGaryo

Visit site
This thread will discuss arrangements for us all to get together after the ride for a beer, a natter and a bite to eat for those that fancy it

Venue is currently Royal Southampton Yacht Club but we are looking at other venues too.. start time 7pm

Them's that's going are:

Gary, Debbie, Jamie and Caley (ogaryo)
Paul (Rafiki)
Howard and Gwen (Zippy)
Neil (Phoenix of Hamble)
Dave (DJE)
Mark (Elessar)
David and Louise (FlowerPower)
Roy and Marianne (Spottydog5)
Dean Smith (MDL)
Mike Glanville (MDL)
Trevor (Superheat6k)
Andy (Jurgen)
Keith (Winchy)
Chris (CharlieAlpha)
Henry, Sharon and Emily (Henryf)
Andy and Jo (Andy59)
Colin and Helen (ColHel)
Andy and Alison (Jurgen )
Jon and Jessi (Jon Mendez)
Graham (Artisan Signs)
Neil (BHF)
Steve G (Sealine Forum) + family members x 3

Bring Your Boat Along to Ocean Village for the night at a very reasonable visitor rate

In support of the British Heart Foundation charity bike ride - MDL Marinas is kindly offering a preferential overnight berthing rate at Ocean Village Marina of £20 per boat to all YBW forum members attending the ‘Beer & Natter’ at the Royal Southampton Yacht Club on June 6th. *All monies collected will be donated to the BHF* Please contact me as one of the event organisers to secure your place. The number of berths are limited and I will advise when the places available have been taken.

If that wasn't enough, MDL are also able to offer a preferential rate for the Friday night 'to these same boats' if they wish to come to Ocean Village before the event – a discount of 50% will apply, payable to MDL (not passed on to the charity)

PM ogaryo if interested

Some great things to auction off

• A quality table from Marine Teak
  • A Sealine Jacket from the Sealine Forum
  • A mystery prize from Rapid Marine
  • A 6 man liferaft (in need of a service) CharlieAppha
  • North Wales Hotel and Power Boat experience voucher from Jurgen
  • 2 x Musto Snugs donated by Solent MotorYachts
  • 2 x Extreme RIB Ride experiences from Seadogz
  • A SLAM Jumper from Peters and May
  • 2 x Musto Jackets from Complete Marine Freight
  • A Fleece from Mendez Marine
  • A £50 meal voucher from Banana Wharf
  • A mystery prize from Force 4 Chandlery
  • A rotary polisher from Andy59

Cheers Gary

Last edited:

rafiki_

Visit site
Given the quality of the stuff we have had donated for the raffle/auction, we have decided to forget the raffle, and just do the auction. This has the added benefit of reducing the hassle on the night of selling raffle tickets. Hope all ok with this?

z1ppy

Visit site
Ok ladies and gents, we need to start putting some provisional numbers up for those looking to attend the Beer and Natter in the evening which is being held at RSYC in Ocean Village.

We are starting to put arrangements together here with more details to follow regarding the auction that so many people have kindly donated to, and the fantastic berthing offer that MDL have put together also.

So first up, can you please post here with name and number of people looking to attend so we can get a feel on numbers. also, could you please indicate if you will be looking to Eat of just there for liquid refreshment?

oGaryo

Visit site
Howard, just recalled that Trev had started a similar thread in the MOBO section, this is the list we have so far within that thread

ogaryo
Rafiki
Zippy
Full Circle
Aardee
Fireball
Raven
Phoenix of Hamble
Spottydog
DJE
SpannerMonkey
Elessar
CPD
Jamie.P
FlowerPower
P4Paul
Spottydog5
Dean Smith (MDL)
Mike Glanville (MDL)
Superheat6k
Jurgen
Winchy
CharlieAlpha
Henryf

oGaryo

Visit site
Jo and I will be coming Gary , will be bringing a polishing machine for the raffle .

Nice one buddy, will be great to see you both there.. do you need a berth at OV, will only set you back £20 for the night with MDL's offer. PM me if you do. Henry is bringing his boat over so will try and get you all in the same area if it's a yes.

thanks v much for the polishing machine donation :encouragement:

bedouin

Visit site
I'm hoping to see you all there - but will depend on the work on the boat going to plan over the next couple of weekends.

Elessar

Visit site
OK the evening Beer n Natter is confirmed as being at the Royal Southampton Yacht Club in Ocean Village.

http://www.rsyc.org.uk/index.php/site/tiles/view/OV

the bar will be open, and don't worry you don't have to wear a DJ or your best trews, all are welcome it is very informal.

We will have our own area of the bar, and those who want to go into the restaurant and eat off the (excellent) a la carte menu can do so.

It's a pay bar and you settle your own restaurant bill so it is very much do as you please, but I would recommend the venue its a nice place with a nice location and view of the marina.

oGaryo

Visit site
Nice one Mark... got another 4 to add to the list of attendees, will do so later this weekend as I need to get ready to go down to OV this evening.. looks like the event will be well attended and good to know the RSYC are working with us to make it a typical Beer and Natter atmosphere :encouragement:

rafiki_

Visit site
OK the evening Beer n Natter is confirmed as being at the Royal Southampton Yacht Club in Ocean Village.

http://www.rsyc.org.uk/index.php/site/tiles/view/OV

the bar will be open, and don't worry you don't have to wear a DJ or your best trews, all are welcome it is very informal.

We will have our own area of the bar, and those who want to go into the restaurant and eat off the (excellent) a la carte menu can do so.

It's a pay bar and you settle your own restaurant bill so it is very much do as you please, but I would recommend the venue its a nice place with a nice location and view of the marina.

I understand that the dress code is blazer, cravat, blond wig, and Lycra shorts.

P4Paul

Visit site
Unfortunately due to a number of factors and logistics, Kerry and I will be unable to stay for the beer and natter at the RSYC on Saturday evening.

It also means we will not be bringing Hunros around to OV so will not be making use of the fantastically generous rate from MDL for the Saturday night.

oGaryo

Visit site
Unfortunately due to a number of factors and logistics, Kerry and I will be unable to stay for the beer and natter at the RSYC on Saturday evening.

It also means we will not be bringing Hunros around to OV so will not be making use of the fantastically generous rate from MDL for the Saturday night.

That's a shame Paul and Kerry, I was looking forward to sharing a beer with you.. rain check on that one. see you Saturday :encouragement:

cheers Gary

z1ppy

Visit site
Sorry for the multi post...

Afternoon all,

A small request from the Ocean Village team.

If you are planning to attend by water please could you call (02380 229 385) them and give them your details. This goes for both MDL berth holders looking to use Freedom Berthing and non berth holders looking to take advantage of the very generous offer that has been offered my MDL. (details can be found here......http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...arity-ride-amp-the-beer-and-natter&highlight= )

They have a couple of boats booked in already from Forum members and they will of course try and accommodate everyone on the day who shows up but if would really help them if they had an idea from those looking to arrive by water and needing a berth, either short stay of for the night.

I dont want to tempt fate but the long range forecasts are saying that the heat wave is starting on Friday this week so it could be a lovely weekend!

Many thanks

[2068]

Visit site
Was going to come by boat, but cancelled.
I don't trust myself to single hand in an F5, in an unfamiliar marina :eek:

BelleSerene

Visit site
Would have loved to take Belle Serene round from Hamble to meet some of these excellent forumites, and the weather even looks great too.

Sadly whilst mine has turned out to be a 'laid back' weekend, it's actually flat on my back in a hospital after a second spinal operation. Wasn't the plan. Well, wasn't Plan A anyway.

I wish everyone fun and regret my presence will have to be virtual.

matm

Visit site
Was going to come by boat, but cancelled.
I don't trust myself to single hand in an F5, in an unfamiliar marina :eek:

Happy to help if req'd. First time I've been in here today and there's loads of room to get blown around. Also was listening to others and they ask if approach/fairway clear and get pos conf from DockM. Sure if you called ahead you'd have a landing party that could help.

happy to PM my cell number to sort the landing party.

Last edited: