MBY's Spot The Boat

jfm

Visit site
Yeah that's what I meant. I meant you've use the boat before, not that actual image

The left-right flipping is a pita. It takes 2 nano seconds to spot that the picture is one of the bigger MCY yachts. I first replied saying it was a 70 because that's the one with the port side staircase. Then I noticed a little detail off the 76, which has a stbd side staircase, and then I realise you'd flipped it left-right so I edited my post to change from 70 to 76. But this whole left-right flipping thing is odd - what's going on with that???!! :D :D

MrB

Visit site
Out fecking standing lol. Top spot and workings shown. :cool::encouragement::applause::applause::applause:

jfm

Visit site
It's to stop people from just dragging and dropping the image into Google Image Search, which is by far the easiest way to cheat. But of course you're above such underhand tactics ;)
I thought that might be the reason, but cheaters can flip the image back using any one of several bits of software on most PCs, then GIS that. Wouldn't it be better to defeat GIS using another technique, like making the image black and white, or watermarking it, or chopping bits out within the rectangle of the picture as opposed to cropping it? I've no idea if any of those would actually defeat GIS but intuitively they ought to.

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
I thought that might be the reason, but cheaters can flip the image back using any one of several bits of software on most PCs, then GIS that. Wouldn't it be better to defeat GIS using another technique, like making the image black and white, or watermarking it, or chopping bits out within the rectangle of the picture as opposed to cropping it? I've no idea if any of those would actually defeat GIS but intuitively they ought to.

Agree with this. Most forensic type data search tools I've encountered look for signatures/characteristics/patterns in files and I'd guess that GIS works on a similar method. Making B&W, changing colour saturation etc all change the fingerprint and thus I'd think they would foil such search facilities. You'd need to be a pretty dedicated anorak with a lot of time to go to such lengths to try and work back and recreate an original image to search for - even if you had a good idea what you were working back to in the first place. :) I think most anoraks on here are boat anoraks and like me would rather trawl through the YBW galleries looking for similar boat features rather than play with Photoshop or whatever trying different variations!