Southampton Beer and Natter 2014 - time to get these started again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oGaryo

Visit site
Hi Gary,

As it looks like you will be filling the pub regardless i dont feel so bad but sadly i dont think we are going to make this one. We land back the night before and not sure we are going to be in a fit state to be social!

put is down for the next one, who knows, we might even have a boat by then! :p

no worries buddy, if you change your mind when you do land, please do come along as it'd be great to buy you both a drink to celebrate your major life event. thanks for letting me know

cheers Gary

oGaryo

Visit site
How many of us are looking to bring there boats to Swanwick as we may be able to get a forum discount as I am in dialogue with the marina atm and they may also be able to group some off us together - Just a thought :encouragement:

Boat Name - LOA and either Power- Sail details below would assist.

Lions Den - LOA 13 m - Power

Terry, I was sorta thinking keeping this first one simples.. turn up, chat, drink beer and natter with the option of having a bite to eat rather than go to the trouble of organising discounts for berths, meals and the like

However, if you fancy taking on getting berthing discount buddy, then fill your boots, it can only help :encouragement:

I'll ask for a party discount for the food but don't get your hopes up ;)

oGaryo

Visit site
Have received a txt from STEVEDUNSTABLE saying he'll be along with his good lady wife and a friend named Keith. Keith will join us at the meal but Steve and wifey will forego the meal.

Steve's kicked his PC into touch and has vowed never to grapple with a computer again so is only contactable by phone... we're in the process of trying to get him to use T'internet via his phone, first step is to show him how to set Caps Lock on permanently followed closely by locating the exclamation mark on his mini keypad !!!!! :) :)

oGaryo

Visit site
Hi Guys and Girls. Just spoken to Simon at The Old Ship who's confirmed to 30 seat booking all on the same table so that's good. No group discount I'm afraid but did ask. Please keep the confirmations coming in to let me know if you'll be eating and how many will come along with you as it'll help with securing more 'seating for eating' should it get to that.

Not long to go now, looking forward to seeing you all. :encouragement:

p.s. don't forget it's Steve's birthday - reckon he'll bounce if we give him the bumps? :D

LionsDen

www.bbiuk.com
Hi Merlyn - It's not all bad news as I will be over at East Cowes the following weekend if you are around :encouragement:
I know for sure that both you and Lorraine will have a great time elsewhere whilst we all take a hit for the troops with henryf telling us in vivid detail no doubt about his foreign travels on our behalf :encouragement:

PhillM

Visit site
HI Garry, can we please come along? It will be Debbie and myself (unsurprisingly from my username name) Phill. we'd like to eat, if there is space.

RogerRat

Visit site
A selfless statement you might think on the face of it but in reality, it's looking for an excuse to resume my relationship with booze once this dryathalon thing's run its course.

Anyone up for a gathering in February / March?

Nothing fancy, just turn up, natter and drink beer (and have a bite to eat if there's space)

Current list of confirmed attendees

I have two tables booked to seat up to 16 in total - let me know if you think we'll need more (without over organising the thing)

list updated 26-1-14

• ogaryo (Gary + 2)
  • Spotty Dog (Roy + 1)
  • Jon Mendez (Jon + 1)
  • LionsDen (Terry + 1)
  • Henry F (Henry + 2)
  • LisiLou (Lisa + 1)
  • Clive Nightingale + 1)
  • P4Paul (Paul + 1)
  • Roger Rat (Roger +1 Jane)
  • Charlie Alpha (Chris + 2)
  • Andy59 (Andy + 1)
  • ColHel (Colin + 1)
  • MercuryMan (Tom + 1)
  • SteveDunstable (Steve + 1)
  • Sailfree25 (Keith)
  • PEJ (Peter)
  • DKM (Dave + 1)
  • BarryH hopefully (Barry)
  • MatM (Mat + 1)
  • ScottV39 (Scott + 1)
  • PhilM (Phil + 1)
  • Jurgen (Andy + 1)

Plus partners and friends

Still planning on coming.

If I can't find my pole will a 'Pogo' stick do?;)

RR

SpottyDog5

Visit site
Hello Gary, Marianne phoned The Old Ship today the dinning area is not dog friendly (understandably) so she is going to stay at home with Scarlet, so can you take of my +1 from the dinning list, I will try and eat enough for two if that helps. Ta

oGaryo

Visit site
Hello Gary, Marianne phoned The Old Ship today the dinning area is not dog friendly (understandably) so she is going to stay at home with Scarlet, so can you take of my +1 from the dinning list, I will try and eat enough for two if that helps. Ta
Just a thought buddy, how about one of the guys not in blue holding on to Scarlet while you guys have a bite to eat?

RogerRat

Visit site
Bouncy happy people are my favourite kind, please do :) are you guys planning on having a bite to eat? blue = yes you are. black text suggests you're not :)

Hi Gary,
We are still intending to come, if we can get a berth sorted. Not expecting to eat in the pub as we shall have Hattie, out retriever with us. So will make alternative dining arrangements at the marina or on the boat.:)

Roger.

Jurgen

Visit site
Sorry to be a pain but have come to the thread late, what time are peeps planning on getting to the pub and eating?

We're going to be in Swanick Marina so not too far to wander down

oGaryo

Visit site
Sorry to be a pain but have come to the thread late, what time are peeps planning on getting to the pub and eating?

We're going to be in Swanick Marina so not too far to wander down

suggestion is to turn up around 7pm and those that want to eat, will wander over to the table for 8pm... all very chilled so no probs if you turn up later or indeed, earlier. the only pre-requisite is everyone must write YBW in I inch high letters on their foreheads so we're easily recognisable

Status
Not open for further replies.