Cabin of the Week

ENJOY

sbekfw4g.jpg

sbctc8qd.jpg

sb99p6pq.jpg

Steersman

www.steersman.net
Custom made double berth

You know, when you build your own boat, you can indulge yourself with features of your own design.

We have a double berth on board which I'm rather proud of, and this seems to be the right moment to show it off, so here it is.

Firstly - just a seat/berth

double berth 1.jpg

Now with the cushions removed showing the slats below, and the lee cloth laying on top

double berth 2.jpg

Now with the berth extended to make the double

double berth 3.jpg

And finally the complete double berth.

double berth 4.jpg

ganter

Visit site
You know, when you build your own boat, you can indulge yourself with features of your own design.

We have a double berth on board which I'm rather proud of, and this seems to be the right moment to show it off, so here it is.

Firstly - just a seat/berth

View attachment 39365

Now with the cushions removed showing the slats below, and the lee cloth laying on top

View attachment 39366

Now with the berth extended to make the double

View attachment 39367

And finally the complete double berth.

View attachment 39368

Where's the lee cloth gone once the bunk's converted to a double - just in case things get "messy"?

Steersman

www.steersman.net
i wish i can to build my own boat :)

Hi Roger

I always find the most difficult moment in any project is the start. Once you begin then everything follows.

Also, when attempting a big project like building a boat, you have to break it down in to small steps.

There's an old saying "How do you eat an elephant?" answer "in small chunks". I often use that saying to keep me on course.

Anyway, good luck. :)

Visit site
Nice timberwork in those Rustlers but unfortunately the photos have been taken with a wide angle lens - probably 18mm - and the resulting distorted pictures do not bear any relation to what they look like through Mark 1 eye balls.......

I quite agree -- from that view it's impossible to see what the interior is really like.

I'd also like to know why the designer put the chart table to port and presumably the galley to starboard. This is quite against good yacht design principles. Do they use 'interior designers' to design vessels these days?

Mike

FullCircle

Visit site
Don't tell me you fell for all the Valentines Day marketing and blackmail, Jim!

Duncan, you well know that I am protecting my sailing budget at any cost.

It also helps with the culinary delights that we indulge ourselves in at the drop of a hat. Valentines is a major hat dropping day each year.

FullCircle

Visit site
Fantastic pictures Full Circle! Did you put all the decorations up yourself?

Isobel
YBW.com

No, it was Mrs FC's turn this year as I had to work. The effect was fab. Pity is was blowing up to 60+knots, which angled the whole scene by up to 14 degrees, even though tied to the pontoon.