Matsutec HP-33A AIS Transponder

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Having checked it on Boat Beacon it doesn't record the name of the vessel which was inputed into the unit menu, the name of the vessel is useful since that's what people would call on VHF. We're static obviously so is that data that's only transmitted when you're moving?

concentrik

Visit site
Wrong thread but...

The buying thread is quiet so hoping someone on here can help... I've emailed Susan, Michael and sales003 at Huayang-tech to try to order one, twice each last week with no reply. Are they on holiday or something?

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
The buying thread is quiet so hoping someone on here can help... I've emailed Susan, Michael and sales003 at Huayang-tech to try to order one, twice each last week with no reply. Are they on holiday or something?

China is generally back to work this Monday. Expect things to be busy for a week or so as they catch up after their long break.

Colvic Watson

Visit site
I'm seeing Lazy Kipper right now at Woodbridge (had no idea where you were before) on Marine Traffic. Congratulations.

Thanks, I'm glad it's working :)

Confession time here chaps, if I'm totally honest I think I get why people leave their transponders on, it's of little use in collision avoidance but there's something weirdly satisfying about seeing your boat showing on the plotter. I'm not going to be sniffy about others now, I get why they just leave it transmitting.

We use an iPad as our main chart plotter so our own yacht shows up all the time when in range of shore stations, but obviously we're not shown on the Matsutec thingy.

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
Oops it's showing now. I think that class B if you're showing as moored or anchored only transmits this data very infrequently.
Not true, the static data sentence is always every six minute intervals for all AIS transmissions whatever the class. It is the dynamic data sentence that has variable transmission rates depending on speed.

Only Class A can manually enter status into the static data - such as anchored, destination, etc., which is why it is often wrong and should be ignored.

2nd_apprentice

Visit site
They don't even look alike. There is another thread for such discussions, please feel free to post there.

If you say so

2013-05-08-2342039999.jpg

1234926_furuno-gp32-gps-waas.jpg

I think you didn't read my post, did you?

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
Thanks, I'm glad it's working :)

Confession time here chaps, if I'm totally honest I think I get why people leave their transponders on, it's of little use in collision avoidance but there's something weirdly satisfying about seeing your boat showing on the plotter. I'm not going to be sniffy about others now, I get why they just leave it transmitting.
Hmm ...

A proposal, register with Marine Traffic, it's free, and upload piccies of Lazy Kipper so when we see your icon we can click on it and get to see your ship. Even more fun ...
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/

2nd_apprentice

Visit site
Question was if the Matsutec hp would work with a Yeoman Plotter.
The Furuno GP 32 does.
Matsutec sells their version calling it the Onwa KP 32.
This also supports the Yeoman.
It looks rather similar to the Furuno GP 32, what a coincidence.

Anyways, since their ONWA KP 32 (copy or not) works with a Yeoman Plotter it's not unreasonable to assume that the HP-33A (which is obviously NOT based on the Furuno GP 32 and that's not what I said) might do so as well.

Hope this clears things up now!