Bukh Solenoid

Tarkaboy

Visit site
I have a Bukh DV20 fuel stop solenoid which has given up on me. A replacement is rather expensive around £140 from normal sources. Anybody know of a less expensive source or alternatively does anybody have any ideas if it can be repaired. Looking forward to some great ideas from someone out there!

NickRobinson

Visit site
Hi-
you don't want a starter solenoid, it's a fuel stop isn't it?

Has it failed open or closed (ie won't start or can't stop)?

Below is car based advice, may not be relevant... (never stops people!)

If you can't start, you can unscrew the solenoid body and remove the spring and valve. Replace body and it'll start, use the decompressor if fitted to stop.

A pic or link to manual would be useful

Nick (Yanmar QM so mechanical stop-)

cliff

Visit site
I have a Bukh DV20 fuel stop solenoid which has given up on me. A replacement is rather expensive around £140 from normal sources. Anybody know of a less expensive source or alternatively does anybody have any ideas if it can be repaired. Looking forward to some great ideas from someone out there!
I think you are looking for a Bosch 0330101024 - also used on some trucks I believe.
Should be available from motor factors but be warned - the price of these is still eye-watering.

Oh yes - they cannot be repaired if burnt out.

Also be very careful removing the old one as you need the measurement from the end of the control rod to the base of the adjusting nut to set the new one. Be very careful fitting the new one as any misalignment when tightening the 4 locating screws will cause the unit to jam.

Stop magnet
Make BOSCH type 0330 101 024
Voltage 12 volt
In case of defects on the stop solenoid, which cannot be repaired, the stop solenoid must be replaced. When mounting a new stop solenoid observe the following:
1. Tighten the four fixing screws A evenly. At the slightest misalignment due to the tightening the stop solenoid will not work.
2. The stop button, which is actuated by the stop solenoid, determines the maximum position of the fuel pump control rod. Therefore, it is necessary to check that the distance X, which is adjustable by the nut a, is the same as
on the stop solenoid previously used.
This is done easiest by dismounting the stop solenoid together with the cover C.

GrahamM376

Visit site

Tarkaboy

Visit site
Bukh Stop solenoid

Many thanks to all who responded to my cry for help. I will investigate all the alternatives and let you know what happened - watch this space!

VicMallows

Visit site
The one on EBAY failed to sell at £15 (+£8.50 post). Seemed a real bargain to me and I wondered whether to see if I could turn a profit on it! .... assumed you must be sniping it though :D Might still be worth contacting the seller?