SIBS Sunseeker shocking finish.

DRM MARINE VALETING

Visit site
If you go to SIBS, take a look at the 40 metre port side in the sunlight and cringe at all the machine buffer marks covering it, also called marring. I am not sure if they use in house people to finish their craft, but the quality is shocking, even more so as this is a 12 million pound luxury yacht. :(
Picture added on post 9.

drmvaletingservices@o2.co.uk

Last edited:

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
If you go to SIBS, take a look at the 40 metre port side in the sunlight and cringe at all the machine buffer marks covering it, also called marring.

That's classy, that is. Ask Ettore!

1438595342_4caba99169.jpg

DAKA

Visit site
If you go to SIBS, take a look at the 40 metre port side in the sunlight and cringe at all the machine buffer marks covering it, also called marring. I am not sure if they use in house people to finish their craft, but the quality is shocking, even more so as this is a 12 million pound luxury yacht. :(
Picture added on post 9.

She's immaculate inside, the fresh flower arrangements alone would cover a years fuel bill for most of us.
For anyone who hasnt got the £14m you can always charter from £130 k a week :)

DougH

Visit site
Lets face it, if you have 14 million to spend on a boat you will not be bothered about a few polishing smears.

You merely tell the crew to rectify the proble

And you certainly will not polish the mower, even if you know where it is kept.

Marine Reflections

hullgel.co.uk
Picture added on post 9.

I feel for the poor guy who was given a polisher & a tub of compound and then told get it done by the end of the day it's going to the show in the morning.

You would think that somewhere in that £12 million pounds a 3m Sun Gun could be made available?:)

I can't say I am surprised though, how often have you taken shrink wrapping off of a fresh from the factory boat only to be shaking your head within minutes. It drives me crazy as i'm sure it does you.

If the likes of Sunseeker fail to recognise the importance of surface reflection for durability (if not for just presentation) then what hope is there for the new owner?

Scubadoo

Visit site
Maybe they ran out of time to do it right. In Shamrock quay the other day there were three new Fairlines being prepared for the SIBs. All I could see were load of kids being supervised with buckets, cloths etc so no wonder they don't look their best.

Bassplayer

Visit site
I feel for the poor guy who was given a polisher & a tub of compound and then told get it done by the end of the day it's going to the show in the morning.

You would think that somewhere in that £12 million pounds a 3m Sun Gun could be made available?:)

I can't say I am surprised though, how often have you taken shrink wrapping off of a fresh from the factory boat only to be shaking your head within minutes. It drives me crazy as i'm sure it does you.

If the likes of Sunseeker fail to recognise the importance of surface reflection for durability (if not for just presentation) then what hope is there for the new owner?

At the other end of the scale, take a look at the gel coat lack of any shine, poor fit and finish of the Shetland and a price of about £50K? You could buy a proper boat for that!