Western Med almanac/cruising guide?

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Was actually looking for the equivalent of Reeds Almanac but for the Western Med.
Got the Bloc Marine, but that doesn't really cover much of the Spanish Med coast.
A decent cruising guide would be good too provided it's fairly recent.

So, any recommendations?

GHA

Visit site
A decent cruising guide would be good too provided it's fairly recent.
So, any recommendations?
Lots of cruisers now use Track your boat and share information on places to visit & Navily - The most innovative cruising guide day to day useful info. Navily gets grumpier reviews 😁
Cruising guides are still nice to have onboard but a year out of date on the day they're published & just the opinion of one person, noforeignland will often have changes updated within days. It also has the option of Nasa satellite images which can be useful to see the sandy bits in anchorages.

Last edited:

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Lots of cruisers now use Track your boat and share information on places to visit & Navily - The most innovative cruising guide day to day useful info. Navily gets grumpier reviews 😁
Cruising guides are still nice to have onboard but a year out of date on the day they're published & just the opinion of one person, noforeignland will often have changes updated within days. It also has the option of Nasa satellite images which can be useful to see the sandy bits in anchorages.

Thanks.
I'm aware of (most of) those, but I would prefer something more comprehensive, analogue and available offline on my low-tech MAB.

GHA

Visit site
Thanks.
I'm aware of (most of) those, but I would prefer something more comprehensive, analogue and available offline on my low-tech MAB.
Can't help with paper I'm afraid though Imray seems the most popular source, had my RCC Atlantic Islands out the other day & it still talks about Pesetas in the Canaries where I'm cruising now 😁
But you are allowed more than one source, noforeighnland has the option of downloading areas to view offline, handy for the night before passage checksheet. For example Sines marina closed unannounced a while back & was reported the next day in NFL.
Paper isn't the only game in town anymore, both are handy but contain different info. 👍

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
noforeighnland has the option of downloading areas to view offline, handy for the night before passage checksheet. For example Sines marina closed unannounced a while back & was reported the next day in NFL.

Was unaware of this - will take a closer look.
Thanks

Reactions: GHA