Matsutec HP-33A AIS Transponder AIS output problem

BlueChip

Visit site
I've got a Matsutec HP-33A AIS transponder with V1.0 software which has been working well for many years.
I output the data to a PC running SeaClear plotting software with ARCS charts, this plots basic navigation stuff including normal AIS data received from other vessels.
However, this week I noticed that although the AIS data is showing on the Matsutec screen, it's no longer being plotted on the PC/Seaclear
I don't have the manual anymore, but when I play with the I/O setup Matsutec and select AIS, there is no NME data at all being shown received using the Seaclear NMEA monitor on the PC
All the other I/O settings result in the NMEA data stream being displayed.
It seems most likely its a transmission setting problem on the Matsutec. Does anyone have any suggestions?

greeny

Visit site
I've got a Matsutec HP-33A AIS transponder with V1.0 software which has been working well for many years.
I output the data to a PC running SeaClear plotting software with ARCS charts, this plots basic navigation stuff including normal AIS data received from other vessels.
However, this week I noticed that although the AIS data is showing on the Matsutec screen, it's no longer being plotted on the PC/Seaclear
I don't have the manual anymore, but when I play with the I/O setup Matsutec and select AIS, there is no NME data at all being shown received using the Seaclear NMEA monitor on the PC
All the other I/O settings result in the NMEA data stream being displayed.
It seems most likely its a transmission setting problem on the Matsutec. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I no longer have a HP 33A but do have the pdf manual if you want it. pm me with an email I can send it too if you would like it. File too big for on here.

TSB240

Visit site
Other than checking your connections from the hp33 have you checked you are using both the right baud rate and com port on your pc?

BlueChip

Visit site
There is only one combined position/AIS data stream output and this is working correctly - for position at least.
I have discovered that when the Data = AIS is set using the I/O setup on the hp33, no data at all is output. This suggests this is an hp33 issue.

If anyone is using hp33 and exporting AIS data and could please check what their I/O Setup data setting is, that would be very useful.
Thanks

Andrew_Trayfoot

Visit site
There is only one combined position/AIS data stream output and this is working correctly - for position at least.
I have discovered that when the Data = AIS is set using the I/O setup on the hp33, no data at all is output. This suggests this is an hp33 issue.

If anyone is using hp33 and exporting AIS data and could please check what their I/O Setup data setting is, that would be very useful.
Thanks
Will try and remember next time I'm on the boat.