Most Expensive Visitor moorings 2024

Stemar

Visit site
Chichester don’t charge for anchoring. They do have harbour dues but I’ve only been asked once in 12 years of anchoring. I’m sure they collect more often at East Head but we almost never anchor there as it’s crowded 😂
Where do you go? Or are you keeping it a secret?

We went for years without being charged more than about once a year, but then they got all enthusiastic and efficient - at least at East Head. The crowds there don't bother us as we can dry out, so we find a spot well away from all the mobos.

FairweatherDave

Visit site
We avoid East head too if it is looking busy, like Saturday night. But returning last night I managed to persuade my wife it was quiet enough. It might have been the beer goggles after a long slow sail to Ryde and back but the sunset was spectacular....and for that it is absolutely the best spot in the harbour. Does depend on time of the year though. Great from Chaldock and Sweare deep too.

lustyd

Visit site
Sunset was pretty great from Itchenor last night too.
Were you the cat, tri or mono? Seemed to be the only boats there this morning so guessing you were one of them 😂

FairweatherDave

Visit site
from our Westerly Konsort opposite Snow Hill creek ..... we left about 11.30 ish, I think only the two big multihulls remaining
Overnight I reckon 6 boats at anchor and 3 dried out on the beach.
On the Saturday night even Pilsey was busy!

jointventureII

Visit site
I've never been in there but supposedly Ile Cavallo (just off the southern end of Corsica) is the most expensive place to moor in the Med.

I've been into Marina Ibiza, that was just over €3k/night for a 92fter in 2018 and we had our shoes stolen as a complimentary gift. Needless to say my boss doesn't want to rush back.

Porto Cervo was €4k for a 108fter last year. Any of the French south coast mainland ports represent pretty good value to be honest

onesea

Visit site
The next grumble is finding out the price for a berth.

MDL and Boatfolk Fill in our form tell us the date we will tell you how much.

What’s wrong with having a £/meter even better £/foot on your website. I know I will be coming to you but won’t know which day. If you have no availability I can deal with that, I would just like to know how much.

Or is it a case of if you want to know the price we don’t want your business?

lustyd

Visit site
The next grumble is finding out the price for a berth.

MDL and Boatfolk Fill in our form tell us the date we will tell you how much.

What’s wrong with having a £/meter even better £/foot on your website. I know I will be coming to you but won’t know which day. If you have no availability I can deal with that, I would just like to know how much.

Or is it a case of if you want to know the price we don’t want your business?
Boatfolk have full tariff info for every marina on their site. The link says “download rate card” if you want to search.

https://www.boatfolk.co.uk/assets/files/uploads/Haslar Marina Rate Card April 2024.pdf

robertj

Visit site
£2 per metre high season
£1-50 per metre April, May and Sept
£1 per metre to anchor, includes mooring off season.

Bowsprits are free!

£5 per vessel daytime visit.

Probably the cheapest way of enjoying the locality, average house price sales recently reported around £1.4M...

Good food at the Yacht Club too, but check opening hours.
So Salcombe is £1 per m total or is there an engine tax on top?