⛵️Walton Channel 2024🛥️

nortada

Visit site
Yes, it has been unusually cold and windy (even for the East Coast) but as I post there are only 13 boats on the moorings in the Walton Channel - far less than in previous seasons.

Yes, you have to have rib/cuddy etc. to reach your boat but these are well sheltered, all states of the tide moorings at a very reasonable price.

Given the prices at other locations, I am surprised there hasn’t been a greater take-up.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Yes, it has been unusually cold and windy (even for the East Coast) but as I post there are only 13 boats on the moorings in the Walton Channel - far less than in previous seasons.

Yes, you have to have rib/cuddy etc. to reach your boat but these are well sheltered, all states of the tide moorings at a very reasonable price.

Given the prices at other locations, I am surprised there hasn’t been a greater take-up.
Yes. Something is happening to sailing.
Possibly a combination of {time available/finance/two very poor Springs in succession }.
Many DIY launching clubs are way behind due to poor weather.
Hopefully May will bring some warmth and sunshine.

johnalison

Visit site
I don’t think it ever filled up last year, but people do seem to be getting later generally, including me. If nothing else, it makes coming and going from Titchmarsh easier.

Slowboater33

Visit site
Hi Daydream Believer. Deep water moorings St. Lawrence bay. Whom does speak to re these. I was in Maryland creek years ago and looking for somewhere to park my boat when I escape from Fox's.

swatchways

Visit site

We’re one of those boats not out yet sadly - looking very unlikely this season as I tripped on the stairs in October and severed an ankle ligament. Currently awaiting an mri to see next steps.

Surprised to hear only 13 though, usually fairly busy by now.

tillergirl

Visit site
Launchings in Mersea are behind schedule, all pretty much because of the weather which has delayed fitting up and hindered launchings. Anno hasn't helped either.