Yanmar 3YM - problems with turning on the panel (Yanmar B20)

mnj99

Visit site
I am the owner of a 10 year old Yanmar 3YM20 with a B20 instrument panel.
Last autumn the light on the panel was blinking when i tried to start the engine - but the engine started. After some seconds the blinking stopped and everything was just like normal.
This spring the instrument panel is absolutely dead, there is no response when i push the on/off-button and none of the other buttons are working. I have checked and replaced battery and all other devices, lamps etc are working fine. I have tried to check the wiring, reconnected it all with no result. Then i think that this is something to do with the buttons on the panel itself. To replace this is a rather expensive thing to do - so now i am thinking of a way to error check the panel buttons? But i really do not have a clue how to do this. Hopefully somebody can help med finding a way forward :)

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Same thing happened to me last year - Yanmar 3YM30 - B20 instrument panel.
It turned out that the ignition switch itself was the root cause.
Had it replaced (just over EUR 100 IIRC) and it's been as good as gold ever since.

mnj99

Visit site
Same thing happened to me last year - Yanmar 3YM30 - B20 instrument panel.
It turned out that the ignition switch itself was the root cause.
Had it replaced (just over EUR 100 IIRC) and it's been as good as gold ever since.
OK, thanks a lot for the reply! Did you simply replace the panel or did you test in in advance, in some way? And: Is it possible to buy just the on/off button - or do you need to buy the complete button panel (with the 4 buttons ?). As this image?

B20_ButtonPanel.jpg