Most Expensive Visitor moorings 2024

onesea

Visit site
Lets have some fun not certain how this will work out let’s go with a 10m boat (easy maths). Your welcome to include less costly marinas to see how they compare.

I will endeavour to keep this first post updated.

With Solent:
£93.50 Southsea Marina - (2x £22 harbour dues, and 1x £49.50 marina fees),
£74.00 Sparks Marina - Up to 12.5m £5.20 per metre plus electric £21.50
£52.50 - Beaulie Overnight - Walk ashore £5.25 meter. Including electric.

Outside Solent:
£89.00 St Catherine’s Dock - Walk ashore 10m <12m, £8.90 per metre per night
£52.50 Sutton Marina Plymouth - £5.25 a meter

Scotland: 🤨
£42.00 Largs - £4.20 meter

Those that sail in Scotland please be quite or the big buoys will turn up and put your prices up up there😣😂🤣😂…. Yes it’s cheaper than anything in England.

£38.00 a night or less…

Last edited:

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
Are you actually charged to walk ashore in the Solent? Talk about exploiting revenue streams. Do they charge for the air you breath as well.

Rappey

Visit site
Earlier this year a 26ft centaur ended up in sparks marina and said he was charged £50 per night.
Its £5.90 per day for canoe, paddle board, rowing boat in langstone harbour and £9.10 harbour dues for larger vessels

Last edited:

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
Expensive for the west coats of Scotland is Oban transit marina.
  1. Kilmelford moorings - swinging moorings £2.30/m - minimum charge £18.00 per night; no overnight pontoon, just a transit pontoon
  2. Loch Aline moorings - swinging moorings nightly rate is £18.00, a book of 5 tickets (one ticket per night) is £75.00 (£15/night), a book of 10 tickets (one ticket per night) is £140.00 (£14/night), £3.46/m; pontoon £3.47/m
  3. Oban Transit Marine - no swinging moorings, pontoons £3.80/m
  4. Ardfern Marina - swinging mooring £2.25/m; pontoon £3.35/m

All the above for 10m boats.

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
Highland Council, pontoon berth for 10m boat, £30.60 for 2 nights. They don't have a single night rate. The 2nd night can be at the same or any other harbour. So £15.30 a night if you stay or move on to another harbour.

Other end of Scotland in Dumfries and Galloway a pontoon berth for a 10m boat is £26.50.

Out west in the Hebrides it's about £27 per night for 10m.

Last edited:

onesea

Visit site
Are you actually charged to walk ashore in the Solent? Talk about exploiting revenue streams. Do they charge for the air you breath as well.
Some places charge more for a pontoon that you can walk ashore from. Rather than mid river, some charge for a buoy in the river, some charge you to anchor.
They have yet to work out how to charge for the wind in your sails or the air in your lungs but give them time.
Langstone Harbour are charging you for floating in “there” water, stopping or not.

LiftyK

Visit site
When I commented on rates some months back, there were just a few reactions and a sense of “well, that’s the going rate now”. I’m encouraged by the growing sense of shock. £5 per metre in Sutton Harbour Plymouth last year was a surprise. I went elsewhere. Now to see onesea’s report is horrifying. Even Newport IOW rates are up 25%.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
When I commented on rates some months back, there were just a few reactions and a sense of “well, that’s the going rate now”. I’m encouraged by the growing sense of shock. £5 per metre in Sutton Harbour Plymouth last year was a surprise. I went elsewhere. Now to see onesea’s report is horrifying. Even Newport IOW rates are up 25%.
It must be time for a new anchor thread.....

Porthandbuoy

www.backbearing.com
Rhu marina daily pontoon rate: £3.55/m.
Rhu marina weekly pontoon rate: £21.30/m.
They also do a nice flexible deal that allows you 30 days spread over the summer at their monthly rate of £72/m.

Visit site
Langstone harbour is currently the most exepensive in the Solent I think. For 11m boat; to anchor overnight £44 harbour dues (£22 per day), for mooring buoy overnight £59, to stay at Southsea Marina 1 night £93.50 (2x £22 harbour dues, and 1x £49.50 marina fees).

EDIT looks like they have reduced their 2024 prices back to normal. The above is what they where planning to charge in 2024, before complaints started comming in.

Last edited:

Black Sheep

Visit site
Langstone harbour is currently the most exepensive in the Solent I think. For 11m boat; to anchor overnight £44 harbour dues (£22 per day), for mooring buoy overnight £59,
How are you working that out?

Menus | Langstone Harbour suggests £9.10 harbour dues daily for all sizes of leisure vesssel. (do they really charge two days for an overnight stop?). Swinging mooring, up to 24 Hours for vessels over 7.62m, £16.10 (on top of harbour dues). So I make that £9.10 or possibly £18.20 to anchor overnight. Or a max of £34.20 for a night on a buoy, including 2 days harbour dues.

Am I missing something?

(I certainly missed something last time I visited & anchored in Russell Lake - nobody charged me anything so I remained blissfully unaware of the fees until this thread)