New build Sanlorenzo SL96A 2024

jfm

Visit site

dustywings

Visit site
Forum hasn't been updated: my brother (poster Silver Dee) has just bought a beautiful 28m Cantiere delle Marche (their Nauta Air series) fast displacement yacht, with 24000 litres fuel tank, so can refuel me at anchor if we raft up :) His Aquastar 74, by far the best one in the Aquastar 74 series, is about to be put on the market (at I think £645k). Will make a new thread on the Cantiere delle Marche soon.
I haven't seen these before but what a good looking boat, this one by any chance?!

https://www.boatinternational.com/y...okerage-sales-news/icon-cdm-nauta-air-90-sold

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Yes me too. They told me (at the launch) that MTU engineers come to the boat with a a laptop and perform the first start, though I guess the engines were run on MTU's bench back at the factory (Hurricane would know - he has been to MTU's factory)

Yes quite 10/10 excited. It's becoming a busy time here, organising lorries to take my stuff to Italy, buying insurance (MUCH more difficult at this value), organising crew, registrations, tonnage survey, etc.
A bit late to the party as we are in the land of the smiles at the moment so forgive the delay. When we got our new tub last year I was shocked at the cost of insurance via our previous insurers, essentially we’d sort of stepped over their comfort zone and the computer had a wobble. So we changed to a firm more used to much larger craft, much larger. I did laugh at the sudden inclusion of wine cellar contents and artwork. Our 2 bottles of Blue nun and my Athena poster of the tennis player scratching her arse are now fully covered. I think we have to let them know if either trips over £50k. 😂😂😂

They are asking for declarations on lithium powered toys now And charging protocols etc. Obviously been some issues with stuff like the foiling boards.

Excited for you that the old girl breathes now 👍

Bouba

Visit site
A bit late to the party as we are in the land of the smiles at the moment so forgive the delay. When we got our new tub last year I was shocked at the cost of insurance via our previous insurers, essentially we’d sort of stepped over their comfort zone and the computer had a wobble. So we changed to a firm more used to much larger craft, much larger. I did laugh at the sudden inclusion of wine cellar contents and artwork. Our 2 bottles of Blue nun and my Athena poster of the tennis player scratching her arse are now fully covered. I think we have to let them know if either trips over £50k. 😂😂😂

They are asking for declarations on lithium powered toys now And charging protocols etc. Obviously been some issues with stuff like the foiling boards.

Excited for you that the old girl breathes now 👍
That poster could be worth a lot now, because the model is in her sixties and said she wouldn’t pose again

TonyR123

Visit site
Had the same. Can only charge when I am onboard. And battery to be stored in a flame/explosion proof box/bag or something like that.

Pinnacle

Visit site
Is the 28m Cantiere delle Marche yacht still able to get under 24 metres loadline length, or will your brother need to have a 'professional' captain on board?
AIUI, it’s below 24m LH, so no pro skipper reqd. No doubt jfm can confirm the position.

billskip

Visit site
AIUI, it’s below 24m LH, so no pro skipper reqd. No doubt jfm can confirm the position.
It must be on the limit if it is,
It's more or less vertical bow and stern, so LLL at its required measurement position won't be allowing for much leeway.

jfm

Visit site
Is there a reason why you and your brother just didn’t go halves on a superyacht ?
We might want to go sailing to different places at the same time, and anyways one boat wouldn't have enough cabins. We do share a chaseboat (the Ribeye rib) and a SeaDoo Spark :)

jfm

Visit site
It must be on the limit if it is,
It's more or less vertical bow and stern, so LLL at its required measurement position won't be allowing for much leeway.
The Cantiere delle Marche is under 24m LLL, just. Remember that there is a 96% factor in the LLL rule, so you're looking for an <25m dimension not <24m, and you measure (on a boat like this) above the swim platform so the platform's length doesn't count. With a rake of transom and stem you can comfortably get a LLL under 24m on a 27.5m LOA boat of this sort of design. You don't need a removeable bow section (not do you on the Sanlorenzo SL96A, by the way).

LH of the CdM is above 24m because there is no 96% factor nor exclusion of s fixed welded on bathing platform when measuring LH. That has no relevance to the ticket required to be captain, It mans the boat isn't CE marked and that has some relatively straightforward effects on specification needed, which is easy to deal with on a boat like this that is already built by an uber quality yard to RINA class.

TBH the CdM needs its own thread and one of these days my brother might write one :)